Chapter 49:

Hey guys! Chapter 49 and Chapter 50! I know I was supposed to upload them a couple of days ago but I just didn't have any internet so...

But it doesn't matter because it's here now and I hope you all enjoy it. :)

''Our safe haven is a bloody stick in the ground?" Newt scoffed.

Alex stood up ''Are you kidding me?''

''Guys!'' Minho shouted.

They all turned around and saw that about thirty feet from the group, patches of desert ground rotated, eventually replaced with some sort coffin-like containers.

Dozens of them.

Then a noise started coming from the sky. It was like a trumpet, only louder. The loud sound made everyone put their hands over their ears.

Newt, Minho, Frypan, Alex, Thomas, Harriet, Sonya, Brenda and Jorge and the others were slowly moving closer together, forming a tighter knot.

''What the hell is going on?'' Alex yelled over the noise.

Suddenly, as if answering her question, one of the ends of each container opened and dropped to the ground.

....

Everybody's waiting for something to happen. The suspense was killing Alex. But a couple of minutes later, something slipped out of one of the containers.

"What the hell is that thing?'' Alex asked eyes wide as she stares at it.

It was a monster slightly taller than a normal human that had wrinkled, pockmarked yellow skin, no face, and four extremely disfigured limbs. Not to mention that it had dozen of bulbous growths spread over its body that glowed with brilliant orange light.

...

Aris groaned as he tried sitting up and eventually getting up.

''What the hell?!'' He stepped back, and quickly drew his weapon out without a second though as soon as he saw the strange creature.

''Glad you're awake, Aris.''

They were coming out of every pod now ---all at the same time—

''What should we do?'' Aris asked scared as he joined the circle.

Then, all at once, one of all of the creatures' arms automatically fused with huge silver blades.

''Oh Shit'' Alex says; her brown eyes full of fear.