Chapter 9:

‘’They’ve tricked us’’ Thomas murmured. ‘’They tricked me’’

 None of it made sense.

He went back to the boys’ dorm, and found the bed he’d slept on during the night. He lay down, putting the pillow over his head, as if that would make everything go away- the pain, the grief, the confusion.

Thomas

He squeezed his eyes shut and folded his arms tightly, pulling his legs up until he lay in the fetal position

‘’Get out of my head! No more tricks!’’ He shouted it mentally.

Thomas

 ‘’Just shut up! Leave me alone!’’

 It was definitely Alex. Her voice, so vivid and so strangely audible.  But he knew it wasn’t real because she had been taken away from him.

‘’She’s dead, man. She’s dead.” He covered his face with both hands.

Eventually he fell asleep. Once again, he dreamed.

There was a woman-she looked like a doctor- she was busied herself by flashing a light in the eyes of a girl to check her pupils.

The girl –her figure blurry- was sitting on one of the infirmary beds; completely emotionless.

They began talking.

He can’t understand much of it at all.

Only glimpses. 

“We’ll have to cut deeper with you and the boy’’

He hears one last thing, something that made him jump out of his bed.

‘’But he doesn’t know that I’m alive’’

‘’Save us all, Alex”

It was her! The girl, it was Alex. She jumped down from the bed and nodded at the doctor.