CHAPTER 37

Ares' POV

We are being surrounded by the media and I can see Amanda standing at the end of the hall. Our eyes met for a moment and thousands of questions are running in my mind right now.

"Kelan pa kayo nagkabalikan?"

"May magaganap ba na partnership between your companies?"

"Was Amanda around to hide your rekindled relationship with Emerald?"

"How long do you know Amanda?"

I'm getting blinded by the lights of their cameras that when I looked at the back of the hall, I couldn't see her.

"Excuse me but I need to go." I said and shoved them away.

"Ares!" I've heard Emerald call but I didn't bother to look back. All I need right now is to talk to Amanda.

Agad kong tinahak ang hallway at kaliwa't kanang tiningnan ang paligid, nagbabaka sakaling hindi pa sya nakakalayo.

"Amanda!" I called.

I reached for my phone and typed a message while running through the hallway.

'Where are you?'
'We need to talk.'
'Please.'

Napahawak na lang ako sa ulo ko nang hindi ko sya mahanap sa loob ng gusali. Sinubukan kong takbuhin papuntang parking lot pero wala na ang sasakyan nya doon.

DAMN IT!!!

Agad akong sumakay sa sasakyan ko at mabilis itong pinaandar. I don't know exactly where I'm going because I got no idea where I can find her.

Maybe I really don't know her yet because if I do, I should've seen this coming.

She got me a while ago. Tinaon nyang nasa harap ng maraming tao dahil alam nyang hindi ako pwedeng gumawa ng eksena. What she did is unpredictable.

I thought we're okay but...why did she do it?

I was certain that we're fine. She even said she'll try to be a good partner way back when we were in Italy. Just when I fell in love with her deeply, she left me in the middle of nowhere.

I want to ask her why did she do it. Why would she push me towards my ex girlfriend? Bakit pinalabas nya sa publiko na hindi totoo ang meron kami at kaibigan ko lang sya?

I know she'll never be just a friend to me...

Para na akong mababaliw sa kakaisip sa posibleng dahilan kung bakit nya ginawa yon nang may maalala ako.

Maybe she predicted what I'm about to do earlier. Just when I'm about to pull out the ring, she grabbed the mic and acted like that.

It's true that I'm going to propose to her. Despite the fact that we've been together for only several months now, I'm sure that she's the one for me. I didn't mean to scare her, nor rush her. It'll just be my symbol of love for her, that she can have me for the rest of my life but unfortunately, she wasn't ready for that.

Fuck myself for being reckless.

I drive and drive until I found myself in the cliff where we had our very first date. When I turned off the engine, I saw a silhouette of a woman standing near the railings and I know for a fact, that is her.