CHAPTER 19

Amanda's POV

After that scene in the warehouse, Ares dropped me off to my penthouse.

"Oh right, before I forgot, tomorrow we'll be attending a dinner party." he said while rolling up his sleeves.

"For?"

"You know the brand 'Carmaine'?"

"Yeah, it's quite popular. Why?"

"The owner will be the one holding the party. Basically it will be a gathering for huge people in the industry. It will be a great time to introduce you to some of our partners." hearing that makes me excited and nervous at the same time. It's not a new thing for me to meet new people but this people isn't JUST a people, they're one of the big names.

"What time will it be?"

"Around 8pm. I'll fetch you here at 7:30pm. Make sure to be ready once I arrived." I squinted my eyes when I see him looking at me sternly.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"They say you got a reputation of being late. I don't know if it's true but it's better to point it out just in case." I frowned.

"I'm not going to be late, okay?"

"Good. I'm going ahead. Good night, amore. Get some rest." he kissed the top of my head and gave me a small smile before walking to the elevator.

I changed into my pajamas and went straight to bed. I'm still not in the mood to eat. Maybe I'll just drop by later sa convenience store sa ibaba pag nagutom na ako.

Wala pang 5 minutes akong nakahiga nang tumunog ang phone ko and just like what I've expected, it's Ares.

'Eat your dinner on time.'

Is this man a psychic or what? Bat parang alam nya ang mga nangyayari sa buhay ko as of the moment???

'I did.'

'That's suspicious.'

'Whatever.'

'Would you like to order something? Magpapadeliver ako dyan.'

'I'm not yet in the mood to eat.'

'And here I thought you already ate.'
'Amore mio, lying is bad for the health.'

'Why are you bothered anyway? I'll eat later.'

'Eating food on time helps your brain to function well. It also relieves stress.'

Kahit kumain ako, di naman nawawala stress ko.

'Says the one who eats lunch late at work.'

'Are we going to argue again?'

'Depends.'

'Looks like arguing has always been a part of our routine.'

'Then I'll sleep.'

'Eat first.'