CHAPTER 35

Ares' POV

'Good morning, amore. I'm off to the office. Can't wait to see you again.'

The message that I sent was 30 minutes ago and Amanda haven't read it yet. Maybe she's caught up with work? But what is she doing this early?

Binati ako ng ilang employee sa kumpanya at tinanguan ko lang sila. I'm not used to greeting them verbally. It's draining to speak.

All I'm looking forward to is seeing her again after the days that I'm around. I fucking miss her.

I excitedly opened the door and about to greet her when I found out that her chair is empty and saw a different woman sitting in front of my desk.

And it's not just any other woman.

She looked at me and there's a hint of delight in her face when she saw me.

"Ares!" she stood up and was about to hug me when I shoved her away.

"What are you doing here?" sumimangot sya at muling umupo sa upuan.

"Is that the right way to greet your ex girlfriend? Or should I say ex fiancé?" I sighed and sat on my chair.

"How many times should I tell you not to brought this up, Emerald?" she laughed and waved her hand.

"I'm just messing around. You don't have to give me that kind of treatment."

Emerald and I have been together since when we are in high school up til college. Like me, she also got Italian blood running in her veins. We were best friends that turned into lovers. Though I loved her, some things doesn't fit between us that led to break up. She keeps on teasing me about us being ex fiancés because we used to joke around that we're engaged but in reality, we're not.

We separated our ways in a good manner but that doesn't mean we're still friends. I don't stay friends with my exes. There's a reason why they're called 'ex' and why they should be kept in the past.

"Since when did you get back?" I asked.

"Kahapon lang. Since I'm in the city, I decided to pay you a visit, checking if you're still breathing."

"Well I'm here to confirm you that I'm still breathing. Now, you may leave."

"Not yet, I'm here to see your new girl." she smiled while pointing Amanda's desk.

"You got no business with her so leave her alone."

"It's not like I'm going to harm her. Gusto ko lang sya makilala."

"Leave or else---" naputol ang sasabihin ko nang bumukas ang pinto at pumasok si Amanda. She looked at us and they exchanged glances.

Tumayo si Emerald at lumapit kay Amanda.

"You must be Amanda." she smiled.

"Yes." matipid na sagot nya.

"Hi I'm Emerald! Ares' friend. Nice to meet you!" they shake their hands but Amanda just keep a straight face before looking at me.