CHAPTER 22

Ares' POV

I'm staring at her while she's explaining the stuff that she's doing these past months and I can tell that she loves what she's doing. I didn't know Amanda could be this talkative around her friends.

Despite the fact that we're almost together everyday, we never had a talk that'll last for an hour or so. Small talk lang madalas and seeing this side of her now, it makes me realize that there are lots of things that I don't know about her.

Funny this is...I still like her even if I barely know her.

John initiated to play badminton so we spent the rest of the day playing but in the mid game, while Amanda is resting on the grass, she suddenly became busy with her phone. Minutes after, I saw her getting anxious and went back to the table.

"Hey Alex, can you sub for a bit?" I said.

"Yeah sure."

Binigay ko na sa kanya ung raketa at naglakad na papunta kay Amanda.

"Are you alright?" nagulat naman sya sa pagsalita ko at nakita kong inaayos na nya ang gamit nya.

"I have to go home. Nag message sakin ung head namin that the show was moved into an earlier date. I have to finish my work."

"This instant?"

"Yeah." tumingin sya sa mga kaibigan nya at bakas sa mukha nya ang pagkalungkot. I know she wants to stay even more.

"When will be the show?"

"Next next week."

"How many gowns do you have to finish?"

"I still have 2 pending and I have to submit them 3 days before the deadline."

"Are you sure you can finish it without anyone's help?" hindi na nya ako sinagot at naglakad na palapit sa mga kaibigan nya at mukhang nagpapaalam na sya dahil tumigil sila sa paglalaro.

Naglakad ako papalapit sa kanila and her friends are convincing her not to leave yet.

"Sorry guys. Bawi na lang ako next time."

"Sige na nga. Hangout na lang tayo uli before umalis itong si Chanel."

"Sure thing. Iaabot ko pa naman sa inyo ung pass sa show."

"Oh sya ingat kayo pag uwi. Ares si Amanda ha ayusin mo pagdradrive." Charlotte chuckles but I know, may halong pagbabanta yon.

I smiled at them and put my arm on Amanda's shoulders.

"I will. See you next time." I said before leaving with Amanda.

"Byeee! Ingat kayooo!"

Mukhang di mapakali sa byahe si Amanda kaya naman binilisan ko na ang pagmamaneho, of course, being careful at the same time.

Pagdating namin sa penthouse nya ay dali dali syang nagpalit at pumwesto sa kanyang ginagawa. Umupo na muna ako sa sofa at pinagmasdan ang ginagawa nya.

"You're not going home yet?" she asked.

"I'll stay for a bit." I said and walked towards her. She's cutting the fabrics into specific sizes based on the patterns drawn on it then stitch it afterwards. "I'll cut it for you. You go stitch the rest."

She looked at me hesitantly but I gave her a reassuring look.

"Don't worry I won't mess it up. Go ahead." she nods and gave me the scissors.