CHAPTER 3

Amanda's POV

I was walking in the hallway when Ms. Niña, our mentor, called my name.

I turned to her and she's smiling from ear to ear.

"I've got some good news for you!" she giggled.

"Ano po yun?"

"I've presented the designs that the whole class made to the head president. Our academy is collaborating with a clothing company and they're looking forward to the designs of the students. Out of all the entries, you are selected to be their intern!"

Nanlaki ang mata ko nang makinig ko yon.

I WAS SELECTED???

FOR REAL???

"Talaga po?!" she nods.

"Yes, congratulations Ms. Cheng! This could be the start of your big break in the industry!" she shakes my hand while my mind is still cloudy.

A clothing company...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

"Thank you po!"

I smiled. Meron pa rin naman palang magandang nangyayari sa buhay ko.

"Ano po palang name nung company?"

"Solstice. As far as I remember, kabubukas lang nila last last year and yet, ang taas na agad ng demand sa brand."

Solstice?

"Anyway, I have a class pa. We'll talk about it together with the president bukas." she waved her hand and headed to the opposite direction.

My heart is beating fast from the news. It's a clothing company for Pete's sake! I should take that opportunity to be a great fashion designer in the future.

I headed to our room at naabutan don ung dalwa kong kaklase na nagtatahi. I guess late dadating ung iba.

I'm not really close with anyone here, well I choose not to link myself with them because I got terrible trust issues. Let's say...kuntento na ako sa mga tao sa buhay ko ngayon.

"Hey Amanda." I looked at the girl with glasses.

Uhh...what's her name again?

Althea? Athena? Aleah?

Ugh. I'm really bad at remembering names. Kung anong kinagaling ko sa pagmememorize ng itsura, syang bulok ko naman sa pagtanda ng pangalan.

"Yes?"

"Congratulations! Napili ka daw ng Solstice?"

"Thank you."

"Really? What did you do para piliin ka nila? Did you seduce the CEO?" I shot a glance don sa nagsalita and there she is, my rival in class, Farrah.

"Farrah." saway ni Althea (let's just assume that she's Althea because I won't ask for her name). "Amanda pasensya ka na kay---"

"Why? Do you do that?" I smirked at Farrah.

Naningkit naman ang mata nya at tinaasan ako ng kilay.

"Bat mo binabalik sakin ang tanong? Wag mo naman masyadong ipahalata na guilty ka."

I gripped onto the scissors that I'm holding.

Don't lose your temper, Amanda. Baka makasaksak ka nang dis oras.

I gave Farrah the sweetest smile. Her confidence a while ago suddenly fades the moment she saw my face.

That's right, be intimidated.