CHAPTER 20

Amanda's POV

The moment we went inside the mansion, pairs of eyes are fixed on us and I can see why. They're wondering what I'm doing beside the top bachelor in the country.

"Mr. Reviello thank you for making it tonight." welcomed a man in his late 50s.

"It's an honor to be invited, sir." Ares said as they shake their hands.

So he's the host of the party. His eyes landed on me and looked again at Ares.

"And who is this fine young lady beside you?"

Ares looked at me and holds me closer to him.

"This is my girlfriend, Amanda Cheng. Amore, this is Mr. Augusto Roman, the founder of Carmaine."

I bowed my head as a greeting.

"It's a pleasant to meet you, sir." when I looked up to him, he seems fascinated.

"Amanda Cheng? The daughter of Jian Cheng?"

I stopped for a moment when I heard his name. Yes I'm his daughter, but I doubt that he still treats me as one.

I nodded as an answer and didn't speak a word. I find it hard to speak when it comes to family matters, maybe because it's been a while since I felt like I have one.

"I knew it. You have a resemblance. Tell your father to come by some time. It's been a while since the last time we chat."

"I w-will, sir."

Nagpaalam na sya saming dalwa ni Ares at naglakad na kaming dalwa papunta sa lamesa.

"You okay?" I looked at him and he's studying me.

"Of course I am."

"I saw how you stopped when Mr. Roman brought up your father's name." is he watching every move that I make?

"I'm just stunned to meet him in personal."

"Is that so?" I just raised my brow at him while he's still staring at me. In the end, sya rin ang kumalas ng tingin. "Do you want something to drink?"

"Water would be fine." he nodded and called the waiter.

Ininom ko na muna ung tubig bago tumingin sa paligid. Ares is just leaning back to his seat while also roaming his eyes around.

"Do you have some business partners around?" I asked. He looked at me and nodded.

"Plenty of them."

"Why don't you go ahead and socialize with them?"

"I'd rather socialize with you." I rolled my eyes.

"You'll be bored with me."

"It will never be boring when you have me. How about this..." he straightened up and pointed the people on the left corner. "I got some gossip."

I laughed to myself. Who would've known that a person like Ares also gossips? I bet not everyone knows that.

"What is it?" I curiously asked.

"You see that group of people? They look elegant and rich, right?" I nodded. "But they got their riches from filthy ways." he smirked.

"How did you say so?"

"One got caught in plundering. Guilty. But he managed to bail out because of...you know, money. Then the other one has an illegal business, how did I know about that? Connections."