CHAPTER 4

Amanda's POV

I pushed the doorbell and I've heard running footsteps from inside.

The door opened up and a tall figure guy with a long hair welcomed me.

"Did I keep you waiting?" he asked.

Dire-diretso akong pumasok sa bahay nya at umupo sa sofa.

"I didn't push the doorbell twice, did I?" he laughs at tumuon sa pinagsasandalan ko.

I actually hate it when I have to push the doorbell twice and he knows it, kaya siguro dali dali syang bumaba ng hagdan as soon as he hears it.

"Why do you look so extra gloomy today?"

"May bago ba?"

He jumped over the sofa and leaned towards me.

"Do you need my comfort?" he said in his husky voice.

I looked at him and shoved his face away from me.

"Quit it, Lloyd." I annoyingly said.

He burst into laughter while I'm shooting glares at him.

"Hahahahaha! Ang cute mo talagang mainis!"

"Nye nye." I mocked. He stopped laughing in a while and leaned back.

"But seriously, I missed you."

I've always doubt words...the sweet ones. I refuse to believe them even if it's meant to comfort me. I don't know if they're genuine about it or they're just saying it just to make you feel good.

"Ano nga pala ung sasabihin mo? Na-miss mo ako 'no?" he teased.

If I were to ask, it's not him that I miss.

Lloyd and I have been good friends since when we were a child. Halos parehas lang kami ng daan na tinahak kaya naman mas naging madali ang pagkilala namin sa isa't isa, but that isn't enough for him to say that he really knew me, kasi kahit ako, hindi ko kilala ang sarili ko.

He probably witnessed what I've been through and I can say that he really is a good friend because he stayed.

But as we grow older, we committed a sin that we shouldn't have made from the very start and because of that, our friendship isn't the same anymore, no matter how many times you look into it.

And that's why it's not him that I miss...but it's how we used to be.

"Hindi." sagot ko.

"Oh so what is it? You wanna have fun? You look stressed than the last time I saw you. I can entertain you naman."

I took a deep breath and looked at him.

"We cannot be like this anymore, Lloyd." confusion is written all over his face after hearing what I've said.

"What do you mean?"

"We cannot do what lovers do anymore." I said.

"Why?"

"Because we are not lovers to begin with. We were...friends." I struggled saying that word, it sounds tainted to me.

"What are you talking about? We're still friends naman ah."

"Yeah with benefits." I said as I look straight into his eyes.

Yes. We became friends with benefits. It's the last thing that I expected to happen and yet we're here.