CHAPTER 38

Amanda's POV

Time went fast but that memory is instilled in my mind. There's no day that I didn't think of it. There were times that I'm having nightmares but I'm also starting to get used to it.

It's almost half a year since that incident happened and I've never heard anything from Ares again. Maybe he despised me that much that he forgets that I existed. I won't blame him though. It's better that way...just like how I planned.

In the span of 6 months, I've been going in and out of the hospital for treatments. My PTSD isn't getting any better, padagdag lang nang padagdag ang pinaiinom nila sakin. The psychotherapy helps a bit but...I don't think it can cure what I'm going through right now so long story short, I stopped going to the clinic at inuubos ko na lang ung mga gamot na binigay sakin.

Sometimes if I'm in the mood, I'll go out of my house and hang out with my friends but eventually, I'm starting to lose interest. Walang mali sa kanila, pero ako na ang nagkusang lumayo. They all have different lives now at pangarap na tinutupad, I don't think I'll still have a room.

Lately, my mind is blank and I don't know what's waiting ahead of me. Ung passion ko dati na laging laman ng isipan ko, nawawalan na rin ako ng gana. I've been receiving lots of emails and calls for job opportunities but...I refused to respond. It's like I got no future looking into, like I don't care what happens next.

I took a sip on my wine before slouching in the sofa. As usual, it's eerily quiet and dark here in the penthouse. I didn't bother to turn the lights on, ako lang naman ang nandito, besides, I'm used to living in the dark.

Hah...what are you going to do now, Amanda?

I sighed as I finish my glass of wine. I was about to take my purse and reach for my cigarettes when I remembered something...

I laughed to myself.

Right...I don't have any cigs because I stopped smoking. Funny thing, starting that day he told me not to smoke, I quickly obeyed him.

Fucking trash. I said, referring to myself.

Since I got nothing else to do, I turned on the TV and browsed each channels but I don't seem to find something interesting.

Even watching TV isn't interesting anymore.

Iniwan ko na lang munang nakabukas ang TV while I'm looking all over the city through the glass walls.

I knocked on the glass to evaluate how thick it is. I wonder if I'll be able to break and jump through this glass.

Napailing na lang ako.

Kung ano ano na lang pumapasok sa isipan ko. Maybe I should head to sleep but then...I'm having trouble in sleeping for months now. You can tell that I'm sleep-deprived right now.

Ugh this damn headache.

Linigpit ko na muna ang mga kalat ko. Maybe I should also go outside to dispose of my trash or---

'And we are so lucky to have our guests tonight, one of the hottest couple in the industry, the CEO of Shades&Glimmer, Ms. Emerald Rossi, and the CEO of Solstice, Mr. Ares Reviello. Thank you for making it tonight..."

'Thank you so much for having us here.'

That voice...

Agad akong napatingin sa TV nang marinig ko ang boses nya at sa pagkakataong iyon ko na lang sya muling nakita. He's smiling while talking to the host and beside him, is Emerald who looks perfect as always.