CHAPTER 31

Amanda's POV

I didn't know how I managed to get home but the moment I did, I collapsed on the floor while holding my chest. My head is spinning around while multiple flashbacks are running in my mind.

I tried to breathe deeply and calm myself but it's just too difficult.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" I screamed in pain and before I knew it, tears are falling down from my eyes again.

Just right now, I'm starting to remember one of the scenarios that caused me to have this.

The thing that happened 4 years ago...

-----

"Amanda! Get down here, andito si Marco." nang marinig ko ang sinabi ni Mama, I immediately got up from my bed and combed my hair. I also made sure that I look the best in front of him.

I excitedly run down the stairs and when I saw him in the living room, my heart skipped a bit.

"Marco!" I called. Agad syang lumingon at ngumiti sakin. It's been weeks since the last time I saw him and I can't deny that I missed him so much.

"How's my baby?" he said and opened his arms. I gladly dived and hugged him.

"I miss you!" I said and kissed him on his cheek.

"Miss you too." he said.

Kumalas na ako sa kanya at naglakad na kami papuntang garden kung saan kami madalas tumambay pag pumupunta sya dito sa bahay.

"How's your vacation in UK?" I asked while pouring him a glass of coffee.

"It's fun until it lasted." I don't know but I sensed something different in his tone. He leaned to his seat and opened his phone.

"By the way, I already took the examination for college with my friends." I smiled. "I passed!" I giggled out of excitement. I'm not showy with other people but when I'm around Marco, I just can't help but to feel jolly.

"Really? That's good." he said while his eyes are still fixed on his screen.

Pinagmasdan ko lang sya and he seems to be focused on what he's doing. He's not like this before.

"Anyway, about the engagement---"

"Wait hold on for a sec, baby. I have to answer this call." he stood up and walked away. Pinagmasdan ko lang sya habang nakikipag usap sa malayo. He looks so happy.

Marco and I have been in a relationship for 2 years now pero kilala na namin ang isa't isa simula noong bata pa kami dahil magkaibigan ang mga magulang namin. Because of that, they formed a strong bond as well as Marco and I. Since they saw that we're getting along very well and both of us have Chinese blood, our parents decided to put us into a fixed marriage. We're not against it, besides, we both fell in love with each other. The engagement is supposed to take place next month, before my birthday.

Though we are in a relationship, I choose not to tell anyone, not even my friends about it. Kahit pa gaano ko kamahal si Marco, I'm still not sure what's waiting ahead of us.