CHAPTER 25

Ares' POV

"Have you seen their recent movie? It was good." I looked at her to see her expression but just like earlier, she's just looking down on her papers. She shakes her head and continued doing what she's doing.

It's been hours but Amanda is strangely quiet today. Not that she's talkative and all but she's extra quiet this day.

I stopped typing on my laptop and approached her. When I saw what she's doing, it's like she's writing something.

"What are you doing?" I asked and tried to read what's written on the paper. She immediately covered it and looked up at me.

From what I saw, it's a poem.

"You write poems? Let me see." I smiled.

"I-it's nothing. I'm not good at it."

"I'm not buying that. Come on let me read it."

"I told you it's nothing important." she said and get a new paper instead.

I noticed that she's attempting to draw but it feels like something is holding her back. Paulit ulit lang ang ginagawa nya at pagkatapos ay binubura nya. She was about to draw a line when I stopped her hand. She looked at me and I saw how restless her eyes upclosed.

"Are you alright, amore?" she stared at me and I can see the redness around her eyes.

"I'm...fine. Kulang lang ako sa tulog." sagot nya at kumalas na ng tingin sakin.

"You're not fine. I can see it in your eyes. Have you been crying?" I tried to meet her gaze but she's just avoiding it.

"I'm tired, that's all. Kulang lang ako sa tulog." mahinahon nyang sagot.

"What are you doing lately that made you tired?"

"M-may pinagawa lang sakin ang magulang ko pero ayos na. Okay na."

Pinanood ko lang sya sa ginagawa nya hanggang sa tumingin syang muli sakin.

"Wala ka bang ibang gagawin kundi tingnan ako?" umayos ako ng tayo at nagpamulsa.

"Right. I'll go out for a bit. You stay here. When someone looks for me, tell them I'm out."

Amanda's POV

Hindi pa man ako nakakasagot ay umalis na sya ng opisina. Napasalampak na lang ako sa lamesa ko at tiningnan ang ginagawa ko.

I can't even draw well today...but at least, I'm able to write poems again.

It may not look like it, but aside from designing and playing piano, I used to love writing, not just any ordinary works, it's the ones that has deep meanings in it --- more like, a cryptic message.

I always believed that the person who truly understands me will see through the meaning of my works, no matter how complicated it is. After all, I'm not built to be understood by everyone, those who wants to know me truly will only be the ones I will allow in my life.

------

Sa lalim ng pag iisip ko, hindi ko namalayang napaidlip na pala ako. Pag mulat ng mga mata ko ay laking gulat ko nang makita kong seryosong nakatingin lang sakin si Ares habang nakaupo sa harapan ko.

"What the---! Why are you staring at me like that?!" I said habang sapo ang dibdib ko dahil sa bilis ng tibok ng puso ko. "Kanina ka pa dyan?"