CHAPTER 48

Ares' POV

"Do we really have to do this?" she asked while gripping hard on my suit.

"Parang kanina lang ang lakas ng loob mo ah?" I teased.

"K-kanina yon!" she looked at me and gave me a puppy look. "Balik na tayo please?"

Ang cute.

"Please?"

Aacck! My heart can't take this cuteness!

"Pleaaase?"

Must...resist...

"O---" naputol ang sasabihin ko nang may tumawag sakin.

"Sir ready na po!"

Biglang nataranta si Amanda at mabilis na humiga sa sahig.

"Hey stand up!" I said.

"Mag isa ka!" pagmamatigas nya.

"This is your idea, remember? Binibigay ko lang sayo ngayon."

"Ayoko na binabawi ko na sinabi ko kanina!"

"Tumayo ka dyan!"

"AYOKO!" she said and curled on the floor.

"Don't tell me you took that 30-minute training for nothing?"

If you're wondering, we're in the plane right now and we're planning to skydive a while ago but now I'm not sure because of what Amanda's doing right now.

Apparently, we're talking about our phobias and it happened that she is aerophobic. She said a while ago that she wants to overcome her fears so here I am, giving her what she wants.

Oh right, we're also in Batanes right now. I think it would be nice to bring her to the place where I stayed before moving to Manila. This is my mother's hometown so this also holds a special place in my heart.

I get down on one knee and looked at her.

"Do you really want to overcome your fears and be free from it?" I asked calmly.

Umupo sya at tumingin sakin.

"Yes."

I offered my hand to her and gave her a reassuring look.

"Then do you trust me?" I asked.

We looked at each other's eyes for a while and seconds after, she slowly took my hand and I smiled when she did.

"You better not drop me mid-air!" banta nya.

"I won't. Hahaha!"

Tumayo na kaming dalwa at inayos ang harness na suot namin for skydiving. I've already done this a lot of times kaya naman sanay na ako. On the other hand, this is obviously Amanda's first time so we will do tandem skydiving where she'll be attached below me so I can accompany her during the freefall. Isa pa, it'll make her feel safer if we are together.

"Ready?" I asked while we're standing near the exit.

"YES!" sigaw nya habang nakapikit.

"Remember the safety measures?" she nodded quickly and crossed her arms on her chest, still eyes closed. "In count the count of 3...2...1..."

We jumped through the sky and Amanda screamed right away. We spread our arms so we could balance ourselves during the freefall. I can't look at her right now as I am above her but I'm 100% sure she's not opening her eyes.