CHAPTER 6

Ares' POV

The glint in her expression didn't escape my eyes even when she immediately diverted to her usual straight face.

I can't help but to smile to myself.

Ah amore mio...quite surprised?

"Nice to meet you, Ares." those are her last words before heading out of my office.

I don't know if I should be hurt that she doesn't know my name or I should get used to it because that's what she is. Nevertheless, I'm still interested in her.

She's more beautiful up close. Even if she lacks expression, that won't change the fact that she's hella attractive. I guess that's one of her assets. She's so mysterious that you want to dive more.

I pressed the intercom that's direct to Camari, my secretary.

(Yes Mr. Reviello?)

"Guide her towards the exit. I don't want her to get lost."

(Copy sir.)

I opened her files and portfolio. Even in her picture, she's still not smiling. Does she even know how to smile?

I was interrupted when my phone rings and when I saw who it is, I feel like my head is going to ache already.

"Pronto?"

(Translation: Ready to speak in phone in Italian)

(Fratello!)

(Translation: Brother)

"Che cos'è?"

(Translation: What is it?)

(Mi manchi.)

(Translation: I miss you.)

"Basta con le stronzate, Apollo."

(Translation: Cut the crap, Apollo.)

I heard him laugh on the other line.

(Hahahaha! Pikon ka na naman, pupunta ako dyan sa office mamaya.)

"You better do or else I'll cut your shares."

(Naging busy lang ako.)

"Yeah clubbing."

(Hahahaha! Andyan ba si Camari?)

"I told you---"

(Tinatanong ko lang! Baka kasi AWOL din sya.)

"She's not like you."

(Masyado mo namang---)

I didn't let him finish and end the line. I know he's going to speak nonsense again. I stood up and walked towards the large window at the end of the room where I can see people walking in and out of the building.

I was quietly watching them...

And there, I saw her.

She said something to Camari then hopped inside her car. I picked up my phone and sent her a message in Telegram.

'Drive safely, amore.'

Now that I got you under my sleeves, I won't let go of you.

Amanda's POV

I'm heading to the mall to meet Candace. Hindi ko sya nasamahan kahapon kaya ngayon na lang kami magkikita.