Past Affairs

Lucifer looked at the in investigator with obvious boredom, wanting to wave at him but his hands were cuffed to the table.

"Why am I here again?"

The officer groaned and slapped four pictures on the table, each one of them showing bruises and cuts on a body.

When the face was revealed Lucifer had to hold back his devil eyes, anger coursing through him.

"He came to the hospital practically a walking corpse saying 'the devil' was the one responsible. I only knew it was you because of your dumbass surname." The old man glared.

Lucifer looked to the right, then shrugged, "So? He is an attempted rapist and should be charged with physical assault."

No sooner did Riley walk in. Looking completely professional in her work outfit.

Lucifer smiled smugly at the officer once Riley undid the cuffs, he waved goodbye as she drug him out without saying a word

Then they got to her car.

"What the hell were you thinking Lucifer?!" She exclaimed, hitting his shoulder.

Lucifer hissed and held his shoulder, "He hurt you! Only fair he gets what he deserved."

Riley was suddenly quiet, "Lucifer.... I've been hurt worse by a selfish man. Now you will not, and I mean, will not. Ever get jail time because of me." She stared him down sternly.

Lucifer frowned in confusion, "What?"

"Promise?" She held out her pinky, her blue eyes not looking him in the face.

Lucifer slowly slipped his pinky around hers, they shook their hands before they sat in a surprisingly silent car.

They arrived at Lux, "We can continue baking later. You're still not off the hook either. Be at work by parole."

Lucifer glanced at Riley, slowly nodding and getting out. He watched her black Charger drive away, never feeling more disappointed in himself then now.

But he knew something, some words that had struck him hard in the chest, like a stack of books.

"I love her..."