Maybe Just the Touch of a Hand.

After lunch instead of going to Grey Sloan Hayes drove us back to my house. I told the boys they could go inside. Hayes and I were standing in the driveway. It was windy but sunny. Hayes walks over to me "sei bellissima, dottore grigio." (You look beautiful doctor grey) when Hayes speaks Italian I feel like my world stops. "grazie mille dottoressa Hayes, sei bellissimo." I respond. (Thank you doctor Hayes. You look handsome) he took a step closer to me "Mi sei mancato dottore Gray, sono contento di essere tornato." (I missed you doctor grey. I'm glad I'm back) God I love it when he speaks Italian!!! "mi sei mancato tok."
I responded. It means I miss you too.
He look's me in the eyes and places his hand on my cheek. He rubbed his thumb on my check for a minute and then pulled me in for a hug. We just stand there hugging in my drive way. It was odd because Hayes and I weren't a thing. Maggie and Amelia keep telling me he likes me but I have been denying it. He just holds me in his arm for a while.

Hayes POV:

I woke up to my phone ringing it was the car shop calling to tell me I can come pick up my car. I told them I would be there at 8:00 it was 5:35 I walked to the bathroom and started brushing my teeth. "I hope I didn't scare Meredith yesterday. I know she just got out of a hard relationship but I like her." I thought to myself.

Ding (sound of phone going off) still brushing my teeth I walk to my bed where my phone was and see that Meredith texted me.
"Hey" what does this mean? Is she mad? I shouldn't have hugged her like that yesterday. I type back "good morning doctor grey" and walk back to the bathroom. I needed to get ready for my day. I had the day off but was gonna run errands. "Morning. Have you heard from the car place? Do you need a ride to pick up your car?" I smiled reading her text. "Yes I did I need to get my car at 8:00 can you give me a ride again? I'll give you gas money" I knew Meredith would say she didn't want the money but I was a gentleman so I still offered. "Yes I can give you a ride you don't need to give me money. I'll be there in 10"

After I got her text I panicked because I was still in my pajamas which were grey Nike sweat pants and no shirt. I quickly grabbed jeans and a blue tee shirt threw them on and ran downstairs. The boys were already at school, they took the bus. It was early still 5:55 and Meredith should be here at 6:00 the boys took the early bus to school so they could hang out with their friends. I walk back upstairs after picking up the kitchen quickly. I walk into my bathroom put on some cologne and started to walk back downstairs when I hear a knock on the door.

"Good morning doctor Grey" I smiled and welcomed her in my house. She was wearing jeans, a button down white shirt with black stripes, her shirt was tucked into her jeans and she had a brown belt on. She looks beautiful. "Good morning Hayes" Meredith said as she smiled and walked in. We talk for a minute about our kidney transplant patient from a few weeks ago. Maddie was doing really good, she had sent me a card.

In the car Meredith was in the passengers sest and I was driving. We were at a red light when Meredith turned and looked at me "what was that yesterday?" I froze for a minute. "I just really missed you" I told her. Meredith looked me in my eye's and I got this feeling all throughout my body, I am falling for her. "Hmm well I missed you too!" I looked at Meredith I was driving again. "I think you're really pretty, you know that grey?" She blushes a little turning her head looking out the window. "Oh really?" Meredith replied. I chuckle "yeah, your smile is really pretty and I could look at your eye's all day" I said reaching for her hand. "dottor Hayes, mi stai facendo impazzire"

A N://:

Ooooo what's happening? What did Meredith just say? How do we feel about this? How is deluca gonna feel about this? This was a longer chapter and I'm posting another one later this afternoon. I hope you liked it. I did a new thing with POV I don't know if I like it so tell me what you think.