thirty-four

Bawling tears of surprise and happiness, you squat on the restroom floor and hug your knees. Your makeup is definitely ruined, and your hair and outfit is also a disaster beyond salvation.

What a shit show.

The first thing you want to do is talk to Jimin, but how do you tell him? This pregnancy is totally unplanned.

Your manager reenters the restroom and lifts you to your feet, interrupting your scrambled thoughts. Grabbing your elbow, she leads you out and guides you to a conference room. Wiping your tears, you ask, "What's going on?"

She opens the conference room door, a sorrowful look etched on her face. "We have a decision to make. Please take your seat."

Confused, you walk into the room and greet Bang PD, as well as the other staff. Everyone looks rather uncomfortable and nervous. Sniffling, you ask the room, "Why are we meeting today?"

Bang PD sighs. "Your manager has told us you're pregnant."

You scoff in disbelief and turn to her. "How could you tell everyone so quickly? I haven't even told Jimin yet—"

"And you won't tell Jimin," Bang PD says firmly. "At least not right now. If your career matters to you, you'll take the time to think about the next steps very carefully."

You tap your fingers on the sides of your legs, flicking through too many thoughts to consider any one of them clearly. You take a seat at the table before you risk losing balance on your feet. You're weak from the vomiting.

"We'll try to get an appointment with a private doctor tomorrow," Bang PD promises.

You stare at him dumbly. "What will I be seeing the doctor for?"

He clears his throat, obviously not elated to be having this conversation. "They will check your vitals and make sure you're healthy."

You clasp your hands in your lap and nod. Okay, that makes sense.

And now, he executes the hard part. "You'll have a chance to discuss your options at the appointment. Motherhood, adoption, or... abortion."

You look around the room to see staff avoiding your eye contact and turning their heads away. All you hear is the last word that was spoken. Rage fills you. You feel like a wild animal left to fend for yourself. Defensively, you slam your fists on the table and burst into tears.

"No!" you cry. "I won't abort it."

"It's just a suggestion," a staff member says.

You rapidly swivel in your chair and face the staff, who flushes bright red in the cheeks.

"I haven't even been aware of my pregnancy for more than fifteen minutes before it's suggested that I get rid of it," you frantically yell, clutching at your stomach.

The room falls silent and everyone looks down as if a movie plays on the floor.

Bang PD speaks next. "We suggest it only because most idols have commonly opted to terminate their pregnancies as soon as possible. If you wish to keep the baby, I understand and will support that decision."

You drop your shoulders in relief and sigh with tears in your eyes. "PD-nim, thank you so much."

But before you can celebrate, Bang PD finishes, "However, Jimin is currently not finished with even 10% of the world tour. He shouldn't be distracted with this."

You let out a frustrated cry. "It's Jimin's baby!"

"Were you planning to get pregnant?" a staff blatantly asks.