Chapter 23: Dance and Dates

CLARISSA'S POV:

My beloved godfather orders for all Slytherins fourth year and above to gather in the Great Hall after classes. So at ten to four, the Slytherin Heathers and I drag our feet to meet our house mates. Professor Snape is already there waiting for us. The room is separated so all the boys are on one side, the girls on the other, I feel the boys' stares on me the moment I walk in.

"The Yule ball, is a tradition that the Triwizard Tournament has carried out since it was found. On Christmas Eve night, we shall join our competitors for a night of well manored festivities. The house of Salazar Slytherin has commanded respect for nearly ten centuries and I won't have you all messing that up by acting like drunken teenagers. So I want you to put your best foot forward, am I mean this literally as the Yule Ball is first and foremost, a dance," Snape drawls, he was clearly bored and would rather be anywhere else. Whispers spread through the hall immediately, mostly by the girls, the boys groan and frankly, I join them. I've spent most of my life dressing up all prissy just for balls, now I have to do it at school as well. Whyyyyy?

"Quiet!" Snape snaps.

"Now to show you how to do this properly, Adoris," Snape says as he snaps his fingers, wanting Tyler and I to come to the front. I roll my eyes at Tyler and stand up.

"They will show you how it's done as they do the waltz to open their annual summer ball every year," Severus goes on.

"Can just say my birthday party ya know," I whisper, he gives me a stern look before doing a quick eye roll. He starts the music and Tyler and I take our positions, he places his hand on my waist, mine on his shoulder, we then take each other's spare hands and dance gracefully along to the music. This lasts at least ten minutes before he ends it, dipping me down. Applause hugs the hall loudly, we smile at everyone and bow, then proceed to take our seats. Snape looks somewhat satisfied.

"And that's how you do it, I'll partner you all up and you can try. Not that you will be anywhere near as experienced and fluent," he states then takes out a scroll of parchment and began reading names out. (A/N: I'm just gonna make some names up)

"Adori and Davis" (Tyler is this Adori)

"Flint and Thompson"

"Zabini and Parkinson" I shoot Blaise a sympathetic look, he looks disgusted.

"Bulstrode and Goyal"

"Montague and Conlon"

"Pucey and Greengrass"

"Warrington and Knight"

"Nott and Quinn"

"Malfoy and Adori" my head shoots in Malfoy's direction, he's smirking at me. All the boys, (apart from my brother and his friends who look at him sternly) look at him with envy. I don't listen to the many other pairs he calls out. We then have to go to our partners and start. Malfoy comes over to me and holds out his hand, I sigh but take it. We position ourselves just like Tyler and I had done. We smile at each other throughout it all, he doesn't step on my feet, he even does the lift perfectly. When it comes to the end, he dips me down quite low that I thought he was going to drop me, but no. He stares into my eyes before swiftly lifting me back up. We smile at each other before we part ways.

(Time skip to a few days later)

The girls and I are sat in the courtyard, I'm sitting on a large rock, sketching an owl, whilst they are busy gushing over the ball. I roll my eyes at them for this, sure Balls can be fun and all but growing up with them all the time just isn't that thrilling anymore. Every few seconds, I glance over to where Draco and his mates are, he seems to be doing the same, we'd lock eyes for a few seconds then quickly looking away before any of our friends could notice. They are surrounding Draco's tree, he's sat up there so he can't listen to their conversation I presume.