Chapter 27: The Morning After

CLARISSA'S POV:

I flutter my eyes open and feel weight on my stomach, I turn and see Draco lying next to me, his right arm draped over my stomach and his left was above my head, his hand stroking my hair. He sees me looking at him and smiles down at me.

"Morning beautiful," he says.

"Morning my prince," I reply. I relax back into his arms and soak up every bit of him.

"I like waking up next to you,"I inform, playing with the cold rings on his fingers that are hooked around my torso.

"Same, I was so happy when I opened my eyes and saw your beautiful self in my arms," he says softly. I smile and continue playing with his rings.

"You can have one if you want," he states, taking one of his rings off.

"Uh oh, are you sure?" I hesitantly ask

"Yes I'm absolutely sure, it's not exactly a promise ring yet, but, this is showing that you're mine," he comments handing me the ring. I sit up and slide his ring on my right index finger, where I usually keep my emerald snake on but I'll change that to be on my left as his is now on my right, it's a bit big but not too big that it will fall of all the time. I smile, cup his face with one hand and kiss his cheek.

"Thank you, it's so sweet," I half whisper. I snuggle into his chest and he wraps his arms around my collarbone. I then notice that I'm only wearing Draco's shirt from last night, which is like three sizes too big, it covers everything but I still feel a bit self conscious. I quickly pull my duvet higher, attempting to cover myself a bit, Draco notices and frowns.

"Don't, you're perfect, stunning and too beautiful to even put into words," he praises, pulling the cover away slightly. I smile lightly at him.

"Thank you my baby," I whisper.

"Besides, it's not anything I haven't seen before, especially after last night," he jokes smugly. I roll my eyes, wrap my arms around his torso, I place my head on his chest and my body rests into his. I'm practically on top of him, one of his hands stroke the top of my head, the other holding me close

 I'm practically on top of him, one of his hands stroke the top of my head, the other holding me close