Chapter 56: The Power Of True Love

CLARISSA'S POV:

I wake up the next morning subconsciously placing a hand on my waist, expecting a hand to be underneath mine, but alas, it isn't. I sigh and reluctantly sit up, I scream as a body suddenly overweighs mine.

"Daphne what the hell!" I shriek as she pins me down.

"You need to stop mopping around sobbing about your long distance marriage. Now, you can take all of your sadness out on Parkinson and my sister after you get in that shower, get ready, pack your bag and go downstairs!" She orders.

"Ok ok now let me up!" I argue.

"Nah I don't think I will," she muses. I raise an eyebrow.

"Daph, we both know that I'm a lot stronger than you, so let me up," I challenge.

"Oh Clara, how exactly are you stronger than me?" She asks.

"Well let's see, I have muscle built up over many years of flying, quidditch training, wrestling and fighting with the boys that I grew up with," I list out to her.

"Fair point," she chirps and clambers off of me.

(Time skip an hour)

Daphne and I are showered, dressed and styled to perfection. I look through my jewellery box and come across the necklace Draco gave to me on Christmas Day two years ago, a Malfoy Family jewel.

We leave are dorm and immediately come face to face with Tracey and Millicent, I loop arms with Millicent and we head downstairs and meet with the boys. At breakfast, dear Cassius hands us all our timetables, we have him for our first class then after break we have the Carrows for Dark Arts.

"Oh and Clarissa, I need to know when your holding Quidditch tryouts so I can put it on the roster on the notice board in the Common Room," Cassius tells me.

"I was thinking about having them on Saturday," I tell him.

"Cool," he says and walks away.

"Well well well, if it isn't Clarissa Adori," A voice I have never desired to hear drawls. I turn around in my seat.

"I think you'll find it's Clarissa Malfoy to you Parkinson," I sneer.

"So, what love potion did you slip Drakey Poo that was powerful enough to get him to marry you?" She asks.

"Oh please, I never gave him a bloody love potion, I'm just not a whiny, needy, annoying  little brat. Don't get me wrong, I am indeed spoilt and I have lived a life of luxury, but I've never stooped to your level," I reply and arch a perfectly shaped eyebrow. She glares at me and struts away. I turn back to my friends and we all laugh before making our way to Defence Against the Dark Arts.

(Time skip to Saturday)

I lean on my new broom, it recently came on the market, in front of a crowd of burly and aggressive boys, Vince and Greg by my sides as they're already Beaters. Holding the tryouts as captain last year was hard enough but at least I have Draco, I see Cassius stood behind the crowd, observing from afar, my nerves lessen the tiniest bit. I blow my whistle yet none of the crowd shut up, the second time this week this has happened.

"SHUT UP!" I yell at the top of my lungs, that shuts them up.

"Thank you. Now, this is the Slytherin Quidditch Team, and I am your Captain. You will do as I say. If I tell you to bruise a rib to get the ball, you will bruise a rib to catch the ball, if I tell you to break your opponent's arm, you will break your opponent's arm and if I tell you to play dirty, you shall do so with a smile on your face. Now, I need two Chasers, a Seeker and a Keeper.
To be a Chaser, you need to have speed, a good aim and a damn good throwing arm. To be a Seeker, you need to be quick, have good reflexes, elite flying skills, agility and a sharp eye. To be a Keeper, you need to have your wits about you and quick reflexes. I want the best of the best, and whatever I want, I get," I start.