Chapter 47: Proposals

CLARISSA'S POV:

(Time skip to December)

Draco and I are snooping to the Room of Requirement and we hear footsteps, we turn and see Filch and his cat. Great! He comes forwards and grasps both of our arms.

"What're you doing? Get your hands off me!" I yell and squirm in his grasp.

"We're invited to Slughorn's Christmas party you cretin!" Draco roars.

Filch drags us down to where the party is being held.

"Get your hands off us you filthy squib!" Draco snaps. Filch stops right in front of Slughorn. I'm wearing killer heels, I smirk and stamp as hard as I can on Filch's feet, he immediately lets us go.

"Professor Slughorn, I've just discovered these students lurking in the corridors. They've claimed to be invited to your party," Filch states.

"Ok, ok! We're gate crashing! Happy?" Draco bursts out. Snape comes up beside us.

"I'll escort them out," Severus says slowly.

"Certainly, Professor," Draco replies and we walk out.

We're walking down a corridor and my Godfather pushes Draco up against the wall, I gasp and try to pull him off but it's no use.

"I swore to protect you! I made the unbreakable vow, and Clarissa, it's my job to protect you!" Snape snaps.

"I don't need protection, I'm protecting her!" Draco shoots back.

"You're afraid Draco, let me assist you," Severus urges.

"No, I was chosen for this! This is my moment!" Draco argues and pulls me away with him.

He takes me up to the Astronomy Tower. We walk over and lean on the railings, looking up at the night sky scattered with stars.

"Do you remember the first time we were up here?" He asks. I nod.

"Yeah, first year in Astronomy class," I answer.

"No, I mean as a couple," he corrects and laces our fingers together.

"Oh then. Of course I remember Dray! It's one of the best night of my life," I exclaim and smile at the memory.

Draco takes both of my hands in his, turns us away from the railing and looks deep into my eyes.

"Clarissa Scarlett Adori, I'm so utterly in love with you. You make me want to be a better person. You have made me happier then I ever thought I could be, and I want to spend the rest of my life, making you feel the same way. I love you so damn much. The time we spent apart was unbearable for me. That's why I want to be with you forever and always," he announces.

Then he does the thing I least expected. He gets down on one knee and pulls a box out of his pocket, my hands cover my mouth and my eyes fill with tears. He opens the box to reveal the most stunning ring, it's a tear drop cut diamond with a silver band, simple, but beautiful and expensive.

"Clarissa Scarlett Adori, will you marry me? Will you become my Mrs Malfoy?" He asks, hope spread across his face. I pull my hands away from my face, happy tears are dripping down my face.

"Yes," I say with a huge smile on his face. He smiles and slides the ring onto my finger, it's the perfect fit.