Chapter 26: Lyrics

Ryujin's POV:

I wasn't minding what they're blabbering about since my thoughts were far away, I couldn't think about anything else but the news that GOT7 sunbaenims were leaving, why? I did my best to become an idol, I trained hard and I was happy when I managed to be an artist at the same company, we're also at the same division, my dream of performing with them on family concerts won't happen anymore.

I don't want them to disband, my heart hurts just by thinking of it.

"And our next mission will be the position evaluation"

The other contestants cheered while my other groupmates whined, what's the use of position evaluation? We already have our positions in the group though.

Yeji unnie was busy talking to Soobin because the members of TXT didn't listen, I'm not listening too but at least I'm still aware of the situation that's happening unlike those dorks, I wonder what they're talking about that they're completely unaware of the situation.

"Now let's go unto the first group"

Are the arrangement of groups already settled, that quick? But why do I feel like this isn't their typical position evaluation? This is Mnet and I'm sure they won't do something as plain as this.

"Treasure's Hyunsuk, Verivery's Dongheon, Ateez's Hongjoong, TXT's Soobin and lastly Itzy's Yeji"

The people who got called look at one another, the staffs gestured them to come to the center so they all did, Yeji unnie was giving us questioning looks but we shrugged since we don't really know why they got called, what's their positions again? I tried to recall their profiles when I realized why they were called, I glanced at Yeji unnie who was now on her way towards the stage, she glanced at us again and when our eyes met I mouthed the word 'Leaders' which she nodded to, I might not be mistaken right?

"And here's our first group, the leaders"

My hunch was right, the leaders seem to be fine but we're not!

"Who will lead us if you take our leaders?"

I whined but geez they showed my whining reaction at the giant screen and my voice echoed throughout the studio, I covered my face but it was too late, they all saw my reaction and I could hear their laughs, but someone's laugh stood out way too much in particular.

I glared towards that person and I knew that it was Yeonjun, he knows how to get into my nerves and he is so annoying, when he saw me glaring at him he laughed even more and his laugh kept on ringing inside my ears.

"Don't worry girls, I believe in you! Fighting!"

Yeji unnie cheered us but she was also laughing so hard that her face was all red, the girls beside me kept on rubbing my back but I know that they're just teasing me, aish Lia unnie and Chaeryeong, they're really clowning me today?

The mc gave them their assigned practice room and the leaders head out leaving us to continue this forsaken recording that I wish would end as soon as possible.

"Treasure's Junghwan, Ateez's Jongho, Verivery's Kangmin, TXT's Kai and Itzy's Yuna"

The next ones to be called stood up and just like the leaders they stood up and they face the mc waiting for them to be sent off.

"What common positions do you have in common?"

Their positions were obvious, but I saw a playful smirk on Kai, Kangmin and Yuna's faces while they glanced at each other.