Chapter 9: I'll protect you

Yeonjun's POV:

I woke up because I suddenly felt thirsty, I reached for my water bottle but I suddenly remembered that I'm sleeping on Beomgyu's bed, even if I was too lazy to get up I managed to pull all of my remaining energy to stand up and to stretch, I still feel way too sleepy.

I glanced at our clock and it was just 12:30am? Then it means that I still have more time to sleep since the recording starts at 8am, I looked for my water bottle and I found it at the table near my bed, I was about to get it when I heard some soft sobs.

And only one person came into my mind, I approached Ryujin and she was facing the wall as she tightly hugged the pillow and I was right, she's crying.

"Ryujin? What's the problem?"

I softly asked as I held her by the shoulder, she was taken aback but she managed to look at me, I suddenly felt soft as I saw her in tears.

"It's nothing, I'm sorry if I disturbed your sleep"

Why is she apologizing again? I sat beside her and she tried her best to get up and I helped her until she was also sitting and she faced me.

"You didn't disturb anyone Ryujin-ah, but if something's bothering you then you can tell me"

I was bothered by what's happening to her, why is she crying? What happened as she ended up like this? Why does she have to bear so much pain? I have a lot of questions but I don't even have the right to ask her those questions.

But instead of answering she just continued to suppress her tears, I can't take it anymore, I pulled her in for a hug as I wrapped my arms around her.

"If the pain is unbearable you can cry, there's nothing wrong in crying if it will lessen the pain that you're feeling"

I gently caressed her hair and I can feel that she's hesitating but she hugged me back as she let out the tears that she's been holding.

Ryujin's POV:

Yeonjun? Why is he acting like this? Why does he care? Why is he making me feel this way? A lot of questions that I'm dying to ask but I just don't have the courage to, I don't know what to do anymore.

I tried to suppress my tears as I don't want to cry in front of him, I was a total mess when he saw me and I don't want him to see me cry, I don't want him to pity me, I don't want anyone to see my weakness.

"If the pain is unbearable you can cry, there's nothing wrong in crying if it will lessen the pain that you're feeling"

He said but at that very moment he suddenly pulled me into a hug and he gently caressed my hair, I was shocked but at the same time I was hesitant if I should hug him back, but I unconsciously found myself hugging him and I buried my face on his chest as I let my tears flow.