Chapter 49: Mess

A/n: Just like the title this chapter is literally a mess lmao hope you guys understand🥺😹😊

---

Soobin's POV:

I was waiting for Yeonjun hyung to comeback because it's already running late but he's still nowhere to be found.

"So Ryujin is with Hyunjin now?"

I heard Yeji spoke to someone on the phone, the girls were also outside their room while waiting for Ryujin, Beomgyu told us that Ryujin ran away earlier and she seemed to be in a hurry.

"Thank you Minho oppa for telling us, goodnight"

Yeji ended the call, she looked at the girls and she gave them a reassuring smile.

"Ryujin's with Hyunjin so I'm sure that nothing bad will happen to her"

The other members of Itzy let out a sigh of relief, Yeji told the girls that she will wait until Ryujin comes back and she let the others go back inside for them to rest already.

Now it was only the two of us here in the hallways of the dormitory, Yeji was now leaning on the wall while she's looking straight ahead at the entrance, she was spacing out and I don't know if I should talk to her or not, he haven't talked after the incident earlier.

"Can you please tell me what the hell is going on with your member?"

After the very long moment of silence Yeji broke the ice and she finally spoke to me, she seemed to be annoyed as she crossed her arms over her chest, her piercing stare came back as she raised her left brow at me.

"I honestly don't know what happened to him"

I said as I raised both of my hands as a sign of defeat, I also want to know the reason behind Yeonjun hyung's sudden change of behavior, it was like his brat self from the previous episodes came back and I don't like even a tiny bit of it.

"I'll try to make him spill his reasons"

I assured her but she only looked straight ahead, I followed her gaze and I saw the girl that we've been worried about since earlier, Yeji was quick to run towards Ryujin who was already at the entrance of the dorm, I heaved a sigh of relief as she's finally here, I just realized that she was with Hyunjin.

"Thank God that you're safe Shin Ryujin!!"

Yeji hugged the smaller girl and the later let out a faint smile as she hugged her unnie back, Hyunjin was standing there watching the two girls with a sad smile on his face.

"I'll get going Ryu, remember what I told you earlier?"

Ryujin let go of her hug with Yeji and she faced Hyunjin, a small smile crept on her lips as she showed her pinky finger to the guy.

"That if the world turns its back on me then you will turn your back on the world because you will always believe me?"

Hyunjin smiled at Ryujin's words and he intertwined their pinky fingers, how could I forget that Ryujin believes in pinky promises? She was like a kid and Hyunjin ruffled her hair, he spared me a glance or more likely a glare as he walked away leaving the girls, why the hell is he mad at me when I didn't do anything?!