Step Away From Work | Kyoya x NonBinary!Reader (Request)

This is a request by dippi_is_depresso

Do another Kyoya x Reader, but make the reader non binary

Enjoy ^-^
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Your POV

Kyoya has always been dedicated to working hard. There's never been a time where he doesn't have a pen in his hand and he's writing something down. I've never seen him without a clipboard on his hands. Even growing up, from high school to college and into work, now, he still grinds down and gets the job done as efficiently and as effectively as he possibly can. He's always got his head down, always doing something along the lines of work. In high school, it was always school work or revision or documents for the club. In college, it was his medicine degree, always studying hard for that to earn that valedictorian title.

And now... now it's always something to do with work. Either it's a scan he needs to make notes on or there's a document he needs to file or there's a prescription he needs to complete or there's an emergency at the hospital that he needs to take care of. There's always something to do for him. He's never sitting idly at his desk bored out of his mind. He's always scribbling away, fiddling with his calculator and crunching numbers. There's never any downtime for him... there's no off button to his work life...

It just consumes him...

Even at home, he's working. He's hunched over his desk at home in the home office, scribbling away at unfinished documents. A mug of black coffee beside him to keep him going through the night regardless whether he wants to sleep for the evening or not. He won't even eat dinner sometimes... I'll have to leave a note for him or bring it up. It's like work has taken over his life and he's completely forgotten that he has a significant other to spend time with and, not trying to toot my own horn or anything, is much more important.

I'm not asking for much. I just want to spend time with my boyfriend. I want to snuggle up on the couch and watch cringy old movies that make you have second hand embarrassment. I want to get takeout and just gorge ourselves without a single care in the world. I want to have those innocent touches that lead to not - so - innocent kisses. I want to have those looks, the look that means they want you but they won't admit it.

It's not like I'm asking for the world...

I eat dinner alone. I sleep in my bed, nine time out of ten, alone. I shower alone. I have breakfast alone. I snuggle on the couch alone. I even fall asleep alone. It's like I live all on my own and Kyoya is just some random dude that occupies the home office all hours of the day... I want my boyfriend back. I want him to leave the work and just come to me for some affection. He's always at the hospital as it is, from way early in the morning to too late at night. He needs a break. He needs some time to relax and unwind...

Which is easier said than done, unfortunately. I know that getting Kyoya to stop working is like getting blood out of a stone. It's nearly impossible to do. Once Kyoya has his heart set on something, he does it. There's little to nothing you can do to try and pry him away from it. You can try every trick there is in the book and he'll still be glued to his work.

Sighing gently to myself, I sit at the dinner table and stare at the empty seat opposite me while I pick at my food that's probably gone cold by now. My heart sinking gently as I press my finger against the food on my plate and realise that it is, indeed, stone cold. Running my fingers through my hair, I push my plate into the microwave and let the dinner heat back up. My eyes watering slightly as I stare at the dinner that was supposed to be Kyoya's. Untouched and uneaten.