Worth The Wait | Mori x Reader (Request) ~Soulmate AU~

This is a request by Rosetale_Frisk22

Mori x Reader, Soulmate AU
There's a timer on your wrist that counts down to the moment you and your soulmate meet, when you finally meet them the timer will glow and disappear.. I'd like to have the reader attend Lobelia for her middle school years and then transfers to Ouran during her second year in high school where she'll stumble upon Mori and the host club. The reader is a year younger than Mori and she's the sweet and gentle type of girl, the type that never seems to get mad

Enjoy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Your POV

Giggling softly, I sit atop one of my best friends king size, double bed in my pastel blue onesie with ice creams of different colours, holding my stuffed penguin close to my chest. Sitting in a small circle with bowls of chips and dips, candy and popcorn in the centre for us to pick and nibble at during the night and into the morning. My friends wearing different coloured and patterned onesies and holding their own favourite stuffed animals. Giggles filling the room as the final girl scurries in with a huge grin and sliding into her spot in the circle.

The sheer buzz of excitement around the circle made every girl fill with joy. Smiling toward my small group of friends, excited to hear about the girls that have found their soulmates. The most exciting, most beautiful and most life changing thing that could happen to you in your whole lifetime. Finding the one person that was born to love and have you forever... To find the one person that will accept you no matter what you are, who you are or what you do.

The sole purpose of love... Of life!

Word spread of many girls in my middle school finding their soulmates, which in turn managed to make everyone buzz with anticipation as they watch the timers on their wrists slowly count down and tick away to the moment where you meet them. Everyone couldn't wait to meet the man or woman of their dreams. After all, a soulmate was your boyfriend or girlfriend or significant other for life! It sounds so amazing!

"So who's gonna go first?" Hinami, the head of the group, asks with a smile, hugging her plush wolf close to her chest with a giggle, looking around the circle as she grabs a handful of M&M's, "Come on! It's gonna be fun!"

"Ooh! I'll go!" Sara replies holding her hand up, grinning from ear to ear as she tucks her hair behind her ear, swaying softly as she cuddles with her stuffed bear, "I met my soulmates three weeks ago! She's my new lab partner in Chemistry! Her name is Ellie and she's really, really pretty!"

"Awww! That's so cute!" Julia gushes, giggling as Sara blushes like mad, hiding her face into her bear with a whine, "Mines a boy! His name is Axel, we bumped into each other in the candy aisle in the grocery store! His dad owns a whole chain of restaurants!"

"That's amazing!" Hinami squeals, nibbling on some popcorn as we all giggle, elbowing and raising our eyebrows at each other, "So who's next? Jasmine?"

As Jasmine gushes about her newfound soulmate, I begin to zone out. Looking down at my crossed legs, fiddling with my penguins orange stuffed feet. Slowly, yet surely, growing more and more insecure. All the girls in my friendship group found their soulmates so early. Hinami has this girl who's the heir to a wealthy corporation. Sara has that girl from chemistry who's mother owns her own fashion line and is a model. Julia has that boy with the rich father and all those restaurants. Jasmine, Yui and Kyla have found theirs too...

I hadn't found mine yet...

Gulping nervously, I dig my hand into the bowl of popcorn and begin to snack on the small handful of popped kernels. Trying to get my mind off the fact that I'm one of the only few that hasn't found their soulmate. Already, I felt like an outcast and I hadn't even been acknowledged yet. I even took time to conceal the timer on my wrist, petrified of people yanking my wrist to get a good look of it.