t h e l a k e

~ DISCLAIMER: mature content.

~ Found this pretty art of Lee, thought you guys would enjoy! <3

—————

As quick as I vanished, I feel my feet plant onto the ground below me.

I'm standing a reasonable distance from the Weasley's tall house, the sunny landscape of the Burrow surrounding me on all sides and making me feel that familiar sense of overwhelming comfort and joy.

I hold my trunk tightly and slip my wand into my back pocket before starting towards the house. It's just me outside.

I'm about twenty feet away from the front door when I notice the window into the kitchen is wide open and letting in the warm summer breeze. I then peer inside from where I'm standing and see George and Lee seated at the dining room table, causing me to smile.

They're talking as they sit across from each other, neither of them noticing me inching closer to the house from outside. I can make out their voices perfectly.

"'Cause remember, in the film, when she pulls all that stuff out of the big bag?" George is saying as he motions out the words with his hands.

"Yes, I remember Mary Poppins' purse, George," Lee sighs, "but why would this be something you'd want to prank muggles with?"

"Uh, because it'd be hilarious?"

I quietly creep around the garden and press up against the outside wall by the window, smirking.

"So you're saying..." I hear Lee again, "that you think it'd be amusing to dress as Mary Poppins, and-"

"-and use the extension charm on a purse, yeah," George finishes his sentence with a half laugh. "And then they'd... they'd look inside, and it'd just be regular-sized bag. Totally foolproof."

"But...." Lee starts, utterly defeated, "what is the point?"

"Because they'd think I was the best muggle magician there ever was! They'd be cowering at my feet, totally fooled!"

"How did you graduate?" I hear Lee sigh. I stifle a snort.

Before George can respond, I push off the wall and poke my head into the kitchen window with a dorky grin.

"I've been wondering that for over a week."

"Eloise!" Lee exclaims.

He jumps up while I laugh and take a few steps to the front door. He's already swinging it open before I can even reach for the handle.

"Hey, Jordan," I greet with a grin whilst he tugs me into a hug.

As I pull away I notice Ron, Harry, and Hermione leaping up from the living room couch at my arrival.