o n h i s m i n d

~ Quick note:

~current-Eloise will refer to past-Eloise as "she" to make it easier to read.

----------

I'm falling, swirling, cascading into an abyss of blurriness around me as my mind goes blank.

I close my eyes to avoid dizziness from seeing the spinning world around me, my senses being flooded with the morphed reality that's taking place before me for a few moments before suddenly...

BAM.

My eyes remain closed for a minute as I feel a seat underneath me and the ringing in my ears gradually fades into normal noise... students talking, plates clinking, the world around me feeling so real.

I slowly open my eyes.

I'm seated in the Great Hall, the room filled with sunlight as I assume it's breakfast. The edges of the world before my eyes are slightly blurred almost dreamily, just like when I was in my father's memory. But other than that, it feels like I'm really here... which I suppose I am, I'm simply invisible. A ghost, of sorts.

I turn my head and my eyes go wide.

Seated next to me is a shaggy-haired, sixth year Fred Weasley.

I feel myself smile brightly at the sight of him

I feel myself smile brightly at the sight of him. He's looking down at his plate, poking eggs around with his fork as his long hair falls in front of his eyes. I can't help but admit that I did really like his shaggy hair... he was absolutely adorable.

I'm staring, mesmerized at Fred for a few minutes before I jolt myself out of my gaze and remind myself that I have to get used to this. I notice George (who's also sporting the long-hair look) is sitting next to Fred, chatting with Lee, who's sitting across from him.

I'm grinning like a total dork at the three boys sitting before me, my heart swelling with nostalgia. But I'm only smiling at them all for a moment before I'm faced with yet another shocker that I actually forgot I would be facing... past-Eloise-Baker.

I watch with wide eyes as I see myself saunter into the Great Hall, approaching the spot at the table where Fred, George, and Lee are seated. I can't help but let out a giggle at the sight of my own, fifth year self standing in front of me... I can't believe I'm staring at sixteen-year-old Eloise.

I watch myself, almost hypnotized for a moment, as she slips into a seat directly across from Fred, next to Lee, and looks at Fred.

"Give me your hand, Weasley," sixteen-year-old Eloise says rather abruptly. Fred looks up, his brow furrowing with confusion as my past self is grinning at him. "Go on, then! Give me your hand."

"What are you gonna do to me...?" Fred asks slowly, earning a snicker from George and Lee.

I see myself roll my eyes and grab Fred's hand as he smiles. I watch as she gingerly holds Fred's hand atop her own palm and reaches into her robes pocket, pulling something out as Fred is staring almost mesmerized at his hand on top of hers.