t r y i n g s o m e t h i n g n e w

I wake up the following morning to sunlight streaming through Fred's window, the morning snow already sprinkling the quiet Diagon Alley outside.

Fred's head is tucked into my side as he sleeps soundly, his arm slung over my exposed lower stomach as I lie flat on his bed.

I lie there quietly for a moment, simply feeling the warmth of Fred's body close to mine and listening to his soft breathing. He looks so gorgeous when he's asleep... his red hair all ruffled from bed, his long eyelashes lying still and his lips slightly parted as he sleeps peacefully.

I finally decide to get out of bed and make a nice breakfast for Fred to surprise him. I silently slide out of his grasp and cautiously swing my legs over the edge of the bed before planting my feet on the floor.

I push off the bed to stand up but soon feel my legs wobble underneath me, causing me to softly fall back on the edge of the mattress.

"Whoah..." I breathe, stifling a giggle at my instability after last night. I take a deep breath and attempt to stand again, slowly, until I'm able to take a few steps forward to the door while remaining upright.

Once I'm at the door, I glance back one more time to see him still sleeping behind me before slipping out of the room.

I really do love his and George's apartment... it's so cozy, just like the Burrow, and has such a nice style to it. I make my way to the kitchen with a yawn and get to work preparing eggs, bacon, and toast, swiftly but quietly moving around the countertops and stove as I softly hum to myself.

After a little while the breakfast is ready, so I serve it up nearly on a plate, grab a fork, and walk back down the hall towards Fred's room.

I wrap one hand around the doorknob while the other is balancing the plate, slowly creaking open the door and peering inside.

Fred's now awake, lying flat on the bed with one arm resting over his forehead as he looks at the ceiling. When he hears me stepping into the room, he looks over and smiles.

"Morning, you," I greet warmly, walking to the edge of the bed with the plate of breakfast.

"Wow, I didn't know we were married already..." he chuckles softly, pushing himself up so he's sitting against the headboard and looking at the plate of breakfast.

My heart feels a small pinch at the word marriage, even though he's just joking around. I grin and hand him the plate, which he takes and sets on his blanketed lap before looking back up at me.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again: you're the perfect woman," he sighs, grinning. I giggle lightly before he continues. "How'd you sleep, darling?"

"Wonderfully," I reply. "It's so quiet here."

"I know, pretty different from back home, right?" He laughs as he gently pokes a bite of eggs. "George thought so, too."

"Oh hey, speaking of George..." I say, my mind wandering to the thought of Lee, "...is Lee coming for the Holidays this week?"

"I think he's visiting tonight, actually," Fred answers after swallowing a bit of eggs. "George hasn't seen him for a couple months now, so you can imagine he's been the most annoying bloke in the world about it..."

I laugh, thinking about how adorable those two boys are. "Well, I can't wait to see him. I can't wait to have everyone together again."

"Me too," Fred says, nodding with a smile.

"What would you like to do today, Freddie?" I ask, taking his hand in mine.

"Anything with you," he replies. A bit of pink blossoms in my cheeks as he grins at me.