b a c k t o t h e b u r r o w

~ DISCLAIMER: sexual material

----

After Draco and I's outing on the hilltop, the two of us spending the evening laughing and talking into the night, I take him back to the manor. 

I successfully (and sneakily at that) fly him back to his room where he hops off into his window, turning around to flash me a smile, and we talk for a moment, before I lean forward and scruff his hair playfully before shooting off into the air again. Tonight truly was wonderful.

I've also returned home safely after apparating and floating up to my cracked open bedroom window. Lola almost chirps a bit too loud when I see her on the tree outside, but I hastily quiet her down in order to not blow my cover. I slip into my room and cozy up in my bed, my mother completely oblivious to the fact that I was even gone. I nearly giggle into my pillow at my success.

The following morning I wake up in a rather cheerful mood and head down for breakfast after hearing faint pots and pans clinking. Mum greets me normally, clueless as to what happened last night.

I still have this warm feeling from seeing Draco... I could tell how much I made his evening. As I'm eating my eggs and gazing out the window, my mind wanders to the moment I dropped him off in his room last night.

"Eloise... I don't know how you do it."

"Do what?"

"Find the good in every person around you."

"...Draco..."

"You're the most wonderful person I've ever met, Eloise."

I smile as my fingers gently trace the rim of my glass, a dazed look on my face as I remember those words Draco said to me. I still remember the smile on my face that emerged when he said them.

"What are you thinkin' about, hon?"

I'm jolted out of my hazy state by Mum's words and perk my gaze up to her.

"Oh... nothing," I sigh. Mum grins and turns back around to the counter, humming softly as she scrubs a pan.

Around the afternoon I decide to make some lunch for her and me, heading downstairs to the kitchen to start a couple of sandwiches.

The sun is bright outside, not surprising me due to it being July 3rd. I've been thinking about the Fourth of July... I do hope I can be at the Burrow for it. I find it quite funny how the twins love to celebrate the American holiday... I'm pretty sure it's just an excuse for them to blast off fireworks, though.

Last year, I was at the Burrow for it, and the twins had set off a brilliant display in the nearby field. It was really fantastic... yet also chaotic, since it was the Weasleys. I sometimes laugh remembering that night... Fred and George kept yelling across the field trying to sync up the fireworks and it was truly hilarious. I was so nauseatingly in love with him at that point.

I'm standing at the counter making the sandwiches and humming a song by the Clash, which leads me to think about Fred. I miss him... I haven't seen him in two weeks. I've been constantly thinking about him, too... admittedly, most of those times have been at night. My mind tends to... well, wander. 

I place a slice of bread on top of Mum's sandwich and glance out the window above the counter. And right as I do, a boy has apparated in our front yard.