t h e n e w m a l f o y s

"I can't even process this..." Harry is says, his eyes wide with disbelief as he stares at me. "You went into a memory?"

"Indeed I did," I reply, smiling. 

We're all sitting in the Great Hall at breakfast the following morning, a mere few days before Holiday break. I've just told them about how Dumbledore showed me the pensieve, and they're all in a bit of shock. 

"Well, how did it feel?" Hermione asks eagerly. Her's, Harry's, Ron's, and Ginny's eyes are all glued to me with peaked interest. 

"It was... really strange, at first..." I start, pressing my chin into my palm, "but I got used to it after a bit. It's just like real life, but you don't exist. Like you're a ghost, watching everything around you."

"That's bloody insane!" Ron comments, laughing slightly. "What happened, exactly?"

"I... I saw my dad," I say softly. The group's eyes somehow grow even wider. 

"Your dad?" Ginny repeats. I nod. 

"Yeah," I say. "Dumbledore... he wanted me to see a memory of my father. His memory. Right here, at Hogwarts."

"Wait, wait, hold on..." Harry says quickly, holding out his hands. "Let me get this straight... you went into one of your father's memories of a day at Hogwarts?"

"Yep," I say, grinning. "It was absolutely unbelievable." 

"So what did you do? What was your dad like? I can't even imagine how you must have felt seeing your father at... well, what age was he exactly?" Hermione questions, her brow furrowing. 

"He looked about sixteen, I'd say..." I respond, "...and he was a Hufflepuff."

"This just keeps getting crazier!" Ginny laughs, causing me to giggle. 

"I know. I didn't exactly expect it," I sigh, shrugging. "But it was all so strange, to see my father at that age, go through a day walking these halls just as I am..."

"What was he like back then?" Ron thinks aloud. I smile, remembering exactly what my dad was like in the memory. And I know exactly how to tell what he was like to the group using only a few words. 

"Fred," I say after a moment, grinning. "My dad was Fred Weasley."

"What do you mean, your dad was Fred Weasley?" Hermione giggles, slightly confused. 

"They were exactly alike," I continue as the group looks like they're hanging on to my every word. "I mean, it was... it was uncanny. You should have been there."

"So he was a total wackjob?" Ron scoffs. 

"Skipped classes to pull pointless pranks?" Ginny adds. 

"Oh, precisely," I giggle. "He was nothing short of the class clown. Didn't care what people thought about him, teased the teachers a bit, and he was late to class after pranking a bully."

"So you're dating your father," Harry says bluntly. I laugh, shrugging. 

"'Spose I am."

"Did he have a lot of friends?" Hermione asks.

 "Oh yeah," I reply, nodding. "Lots of people liked him... he was real popular. It was clearly because he was just so- so nice, to everyone, and so funny. Like he wanted to be everyone's friend."

"He sounds wonderful, Elle," Ginny comments with a warm smile. "What else happened?"

"Well..." I begin to respond, remembering the Quidditch match and what my father did that day. "There was... one other thing..."