Chapter 18: The Unexpected Friend and The Unexpected Enemy

"Who-who are you?", Jungkook asks the silhouette of the man in front of him while everything gets a little blurry around him. He has been in captivity for 3 days with no food and barely any water. His body is covered in bruises and cuts from the torture and is slowly giving up on him but he forces himself to keep going. He needs to get out of here.

"Mr. Jeon Jungkook, I am Min Young-jae. It's nice to finally meet you. I have heard a lot about you", the middle aged man smiles back at Jungkook.

"Are you their boss? Are you the one who asked them to kidnap me?", Jungkook asks, his voice feeble.

"Yes to all your questions but I am here to release you. You can go home", he smiles, and tilts his head to peak beyond Jungkook to find his men passed out on the floor, "But it doesn't look like you needed my help after all huh?", he forces a chuckle.

"Why would you just let me go?", Jungkook asks, confused.

"Because I don't need you anymore", he smiles.

Jungkook isn't satisfied with his answer. He knows this man who wanted to blackmail Taehyung using him for a deal wouldn't simply let him go unless he got what he wanted. He has questions but he doesn't have any life left inside him to ask the same. He can barely keep standing anymore. He needs to go home, "So you will just let me walk out of here?"

"Yes", he smiles before signaling one of his men from outside the dungeon, "Bring him in". Jungkook narrows his eyes at Young-jae's words. Is he calling more men? He knew he cannot trust this man. He knew he was an enemy. Jungkook feels like a fool to think he would just let him walk out. Does he need to fight his way out of here? Jungkook had to gather every last bit of his strength to knock those men out. It was an adrenaline rush which supported him. He knows he cannot do it anymore. His body is giving up on him. His heart has already given up. He knows he cannot make it out of here by fighting more people. He struggles hard to keep his eyes open and his legs stable. He takes a deep breath trying to accept fate. Trying to make himself ready for more torture that was to come. He just stands there waiting. Waiting for whatever is going to happen to him next. There is only one thing he is sure about. He will not give them anything on Taehyung no matter what they do to him. Jungkook knows he cannot betray Taehyung. He knows he DOESN'T want to betray Taehyung. Taehyung. What would Jungkook not do to see his face just one more time. He misses him. He misses his warm embrace, his soft kisses, his passionate touch, his boxy smile, his fluffy hair, his eyes. His dark, beautiful, deep eyes which had nothing but love and care for him, his voice. His deep voice that sends shivers down Jungkook's spine everytime he hears him call his name. Oh what wouldn't he do to hear Taehyung say his name just one time! Jungkook's vision is gone, everything is dark. His legs lose their stability and he is about to hit the floor when he hears a familiar voice calling out for him.

"Jungkook?", Taehyung comes running in and holds his man in his arms. "Baby, hey, look at me. Jungkook? Baby I am here", a tear rolls down his face as he watches Jungkook struggling to stay awake, his bruised face irresponsive to the touch of Taehyung's palms. He somehow manages to open his eyes and sees a blurry image of a man. He cannot clearly see Taehyung but he doesn't need to. He recognizes his voice and his warmth, "Hyung..", his voice is a feeble whisper, tears flow down his cheeks, "hyung..it's you"

"Yes, yes it's me baby. God what have they done to you", he grunts watching Jungkook's condition before he looks back to glare at Young-jae, "I hope you know you will have to pay for this", he hisses, meaning every single word he said.

"And who will pay for that?", Young-jae responds pointing towards his 7 men passed out on the floor, "This young man could have gotten out of here even without your help it seems".