Chapter 28: The Lucky One

"Jungkook, I hope you don't mind me tagging Lisa along to our weekend plans?", Baekhyun asks Jungkook over the phone.

"Oh no! Ofcourse not"

"See you tonight then?", Baekhyun says in his usual chirpy voice.

"Yeah". Jungkook disconnects the call before sitting down on his couch and taking a deep breath. It has been 4 days since he resigned from Kim Con and has been stuck in his apartment ever since. He promised Baekhyun to meet him for drinks on the weekend so he forces himself to get ready for the night and not let his friend down. Unlike the last time he broke up with his boyfriend, he didn't shed any tears. None. He left the building of Kim Con and as soon as he did, he was done. He wouldn't cry over someone who isn't right for him. It must be a good sign right? The fact that he doesn't feel like crying? He must be doing better this time than he did last time. At least this is what he believes.

Jungkook decides that he does not want to keep isolated this time and he wants friends and family around him. He calls Jin.

"Hey Kookie!"

"Hyung, how are you?"

"I am fine. All good?"

" Can we do lunch tomorrow?"

" Why not dinner tonight?", Jin's chuckles from the other side of the line.

" I am going out with Baekhie tonight"

"Baekhie or Taehyung? You don't have to hide things from me Kookie. I will tolerate him as long as you want him around you", Jin deadpans.

" Well, good for you. I don't. We broke up. Yet again. Don't ask me why. I don't want to talk about it. I am done and I want to do lunch tomorrow.", Jungkook blabbers in a single shot.

Jin goes silent on the line.

" Hyung?"

"Hyung? You there?"

"Yes, so what do you want to eat tomorrow?", Jin starts talking again as if nothing happened. As if his cousin didn't just tell him about his break up.

"Hyung, I told you something..", Jungkook is confused.

"And I heard... Now tell me what should I cook tomorrow? I will shop accordingly. Also, I am not bringing Namjoon. No boyfriends, just brothers' time. Like the old days. Cool?", Jin's voice is warm and comforting.

" Perfect!", Jungkook smiles.

.....

"So my mother didn't realise he was my sister's boyfriend and not mine and this is why all of the chaos unfolded", Lisa ends narrating her story and breaks into a bout of laughter. Baekhyun and Jungkook cackling with her amidst the cacophony of the club music.

"So you aren't dating anyone right now. Are you?", Baekhyun asks Lisa, casually.

" No, no one at the moment", Lisa responds politely.

Jungkook realises he should leave the two alone so that Baekhyun would get an opportunity to tell Lisa about the massive crush he has on her, "Guys, I'll go get more drinks!", Jungkook says subtly elbowing Baekhyun before he leaves the two alone.

"So, do you know why Jungkook resigned?", Lisa asks him.

"He said it was something personal. I don't know", he smiles.

"What a shame. It was nice working with him"

" Yeah, it was", Baekhyun agrees, " What are you doing tomorrow?"