Chapter 35: Connection of Contradictions

"You are most certainly out of your mind!", yells Jimin.

"No, you are the who is out of his mind, not me", Yoongi hisses, rolling his eyes.

"She is the only one who can get you out of here, I have evidence. I have the papers ready but that alone will not do. Hobi hyung and she will have to talk in the court on your behalf. Do you understand?", Jimin tries to explain Yoongi, tipping at the verge of insanity.

"I have said it before. I am saying this again and for the last time Jimin", Yoongi whispers aggressively making sure the officers don't hear Jimin's name. Afterall, it's Jung Hoseok for them.

"Saying what for the last time huh? That you want to rot in this cell forever?", Jimin tries hard to not throw hands at this point.

"No. I am saying this for the last time that YOU. WILL. NOT. INVOLVE. MY. SISTER. INTO. THIS.", Yoongi hisses again, "She is in the States. She doesn't know about this. She has an independent life and has never been involved into anything that our father did. Do not drag her into this, Jimin".

Jimin looks at Yoongi nonchalantly.

"Do you hear me?",the older continues.

"No. Now you motherfucking idiot. YOU. Listen. To. ME.", the younger steps forward and stands just a couple of inches away from the older staring into h with his bloodshot eyes. Gritting his teeth in anger, he continues, "I have spent several sleepless nights working out something, anything that could get you out of here. I have lied to my best friend, my brother more times than I can count. I am a fucking orphan and he is my only family. I have lied to him FOR YOU! I have broken more than a 100 laws of this country. I have risked my career to get you out of here. I have risked my safety, my life. Your cousin and I are working day and night to devise something. And you have the audacity to tell me that you don't want to go forward with this just because you don't want your baby sister - who by the way is 24 years old, same age as Jungkook whom your father kidnapped and tortured- to testify in your favour?"

Yoongi stares at the younger speechless.

"I don't hear an answer", Jimin still staring in the older's soul.

"I..", Yoongi tries to speak.

"The answer is no", Jimin adds, "You Mr. Min Yoongi do not get to choose here. You have no right whatsoever. I will get you out of here even if I have to drag you out myself. Also, I have spoken to your sister. She instantly said she wanted to help and she is on a flight to Seoul as we speak. Her flight will land tonight. She is an adult who can decide what she wants to do and she has. So you sit tight and wait until I drag your ass out of here because I don't intend to keep seeing your bruised face everytime I see you".

"She will be here tonight?", the older asks, shocked.

"Yes"

"Jimin, you don't understand", his voice now calm.

"I do, hyung. I really do. I know it has been hard for you after your mother passed away and you had your sister sent to the States to keep her away from your dad and his ugly business. Hobi hyung told me everything. You have to understand, though. Dami isn't a child anymore. You have protected her all her life. Now let her do the same for you", Jimin says in a voice that feels like a comforting hug to Yoongi.

The older simply looks away accepting defeat. He knows he cannot fight this. He knows he has no right to fight this.

Jimin watches the older closely. He never thought he would see helplessless on Yoongi's face. He never thought Yoongi cares enough for anything to ever feel helpless but turns out, he does. "I wish I could give you a hug right now", the younger whispers, teary-eyed.