Chapter 58: Fear or Love

Taehyung slowly enters his room at midnight and proceeds to switch on the lights when he notices the silhouette of Jungkook sleeping on their bed. He switches on the flashlight of his phone instead to not wake the younger up.

He changes into his night clothes after freshening up and gets under the blanket beside Jungkook.

"Hyung..", the younger mumbles in his sleep. "Are you back?", he slowly flinches his eyes open.

"Yes"

"I was waiting for you", he faintly smiles and shifts near the older, wrapping his arm around him.

"I need to sleep Jungkook", Taehyung utters, trying to get away.

"Me too hyung", Jungkook pouts. "You know I was so sore last night and so tired and I still didn't get any sleep", he mumbles, snuggling into the older.

"Get some sleep then"

"I couldn't sleep because you weren't home."

"Now I am home."

"Where were you? I was waiting"

"Office"

"Till 12 am?"

"Yes"

"You were avoiding me. Weren't you?", Jungkook clicks his tongue.

"Maybe"

"I won't be able to get any sleep knowing that you are mad at me", he pouts.

"I am not mad"

"You are"

"I am upset. Not mad"

"Hyung... please", Jungkook sighs.

"How would you feel if the man you love rejects you right after saying that he loves you?", Taehyung shots back.

"I would feel terrible", Jungkook admits.

"So are you expecting me to forget about it? It's your decision and I am not mad at you. Neither am I forcing you to reconsider but I have every right to feel sad and disappointed about it. Please just let me be and get some rest", Taehyung says turning around, his back now facing Jungkook.

"Hyung", Jungkook back hugs the older, "but I did not reject you in any capacity. I have not a trace of doubt about spending my life with you. Would you listen? And let me explain? Please?", he kisses the older's shoulder.

Taehyung turns around, "what?"

"I rejected the idea of holding a ceremony telling the world that we are together. I rejected the idea of getting married in a country where we can't even be a legally married. Getting married right after being outed as a couple would suggest that we are trying to validate our relationship which we don't need to. What are we even getting married for? Will the government or the society consider us a legally married couple? No. I am happy just being your boyfriend for the rest of my life honestly. But if we were to get married, now is not the time. All of this doesn't change the fact that you are the love of my life, hyung. Please please don't be upset".

Taehyung takes a deep breath to let that sink in and pulls Jungkook a little closer. "I just have one question baby".

"What?"

"Do you really care about the government, laws and society?"

"I don't"

"Will you only consider me your husband if it's written on a legal piece of paper?"

"No"

"If I told you I want to get married infront of our families and friends just because I want to spend my life with you as your husband, will that be too much to ask for?"