Chapter 70: Forever In Your Arms

(This chapter is written in Taehyung's pov)

He had a smile on his face the whole time. When he stroke a bargain with Sooman, he was smiling. This idiot. I knew he was terrified inside. After everyone but Sooman were down, I saw him, picking up an iron rod from somewhere and before I could say anything he banged Sooman's head as the loud clinck of metal echoed in the warehouse.

Sooman was on the ground, head bleeding. Jungkook hit him again and then again. After three time he stopped. "Like to stick your dick in children. Don't you?",he said, grunting. That's when I realised that he knew. Jungkook raised the rod vertically and stabbed Sooman in his crotch. The old man's pants were red with the blood. I saw Jungkook and I saw splashes of blood on his face and a look in his eyes that I had never seen. I never thought my gentle boyfriend could shoot so many people and stab an old man. I saw the monster in his eyes. The one that he might have seen in me. I didn't try to stop him. How do you stop this kind of rage? I didn't want to stop him. I could tell he wanted to avenge me.

"You put these filthy hands on my man", he grunted again before stomping his foot on Sooman's elbow and pulling his hand in the opposite direction, breaking it. He was avenging me. Those filthy hands were on him as well but that's not why he broke them. I almost chuckled when I realised I have been trying to protect this man all this time while he was the one avenging the 10 year old me who was defenseless. He was fighting for that child who couldn't fight for himself. I teared up a little. Who was protecting whom? Who was avenging whom? Who loved the other more and how did it matter?

I saw Yoongi and Shane running back inside and I wasn't shocked that Jungkook had outsmarted them once again. Yoongi must have seen Sooman's miserable condition and he told me to stop Jungkook. "He will end up killing Sooman. You need to stop him".

"Let him", I said, my proud eyes not straying away from my baby as he bludgeoned Sooman. I saw the old man on the floor, bleeding everywhere and several broken bones. I saw him in excruciating pain while he waited to die. I cannot describe the satisfaction it gave me to watch him this miserable. Jungkook kept kicking him in his face because those were the lips that were on me when I was a child.

One more look at Sooman lying in the pool of his own blood and another look at Jungkook's face brought me back to reality. The monstrosity I saw on Jungkook. That wasn't the man I love. The man I love is kind and gentle. Who was this? He would end up killing a man if I didn't stop him. I was already a killer, I wasn't going to let him be one. I grabbed Yoongi's gun right before I saw Jungkook about to stab Sooman with the rod and I shot the maniac in the heart, making Jungkook stop.

"It's over baby. You can stop. He is dead", I told him, my voice gentle.

He looked over his shoulder at me, the rod still in his hand.

"Come here Jungkook. He is dead."

He dropped the rod and came back to me and he melted in my arms. My baby. He sobbed because just like me, even he could not recognise himself. "Are you sure he is dead this time?", Jungkook asked me, tears in his eyes. I shot Sooman one more time in the middle of both of his eyes. "Yes, dead this time", I responded.

"You aren't a killer sweetheart. That would be me", I whispered in his ear and he sobbed in my arms. My heart ached seeing him like this. He was dragged to the hell and back today and all I wanted to do was take him home and comfort him in anyway he would like me to. Yoongi said they needed to take me to the hospital because I was bleeding? I was tortured after the surrender but I couldn't feel a thing. The love of my life was in my arms and I was okay.

"You know what baby?", I whispered in his ear, making sure the others don't listen.

"What?", he responded, still sobbing on my chest.

"I am going to take you home, make you bend over my knees and spank you till you cry harder than you are right now. Punishment for coming back here when I wanted you to leave". This does the trick I was hoping it would. He laughed. He wiped his tears, giggling at what I had said but he wouldn't let go.

"Can you hold me like this for a minute hyungie.."

"I would hold you like this forever if you'd have me."

"Forever it is then", he chuckled.

That's when I saw him. Youngjae. Injured and limping. Walking in our direction and gun pointed towards us. Towards Jungkook. In moments like these you don't have enough time to think. You do what your instincts tell you to. I did what my instincts told me to. I flipped over before the bullet could hit Jungkook and the next thing I know, it was all dark and I was in his arms as he screamed my name. I thought about the forever I had just promised him. What would happen to my promise? Jungkook's voice echoed in my head. Not what he was saying in the moment, that sounded muffled to me. I didn't know what he was saying. What he had whispered to my ear before I made him leave the warehouse, echoed inside my head right before I passed out.

"No matter what happens hyung. Just remember that I will lose myself if I lost you"

.....

Don't forget to vote and leave feedback and check out my other taekook book if you haven't already. All love!

PS- Accepting thank you flowers for double update in the comments 😌