Chapter 21: New Enemies

"What did you do to yourself Jungkook?", Jin yells at Jungkook who stands in front of him with his bruised face, his eyes on the floor. Jungkook made sure to wear an oversized tshirt with long sleeves to hide all the scars on his body. The only visible bruises are the ones on his face and those are more than enough to get him in trouble.

"I am asking you a question!", Jin continues yelling, "I thought your days when you used to get into brawls and fights, got over when you graduated from school. Looks like they aren't. You have never gotten into trouble while you were in college. What happened now? Who did you get into a fight with?"

"I- I- hyung I was just-", Jungkook stutters.
"And where is that boyfriend of yours?", Jin's questions don't stop. "Office", Jungkook says, his eyes glued to the floor.
"As if I expected him to really be here", Jin scoffs. "Now will you tell me? Who did you get into a fight with this time? Why do you refuse to grow up Jungkook? You are an adult not a school going kid who can get into fist fights whenever he likes to! What was the reason for you to get into a fight?", Jin glares at Jungkook demanding an answer.

"Me. I was the reason", Taehyung walks in from the main gate and into the hall addressing Jin while Jungkook takes a sigh of relief. "He got into a fight with some masked kidnappers", he says wrapping his hand around Jungkook's waist pulling him closer while the younger gulps hard, eyes still glued to the floor.

"Masked kidnappers? What the hell?", Jin
yells, "What did you get yourself into Jungkook?" Jungkook doesn't even raise his head to look at his cousin as words get stuck in his throat. "Some masked men tried to kidnap me yesterday. Just a business rival trying to win a silly deal! Jungkook had to fight with them to protect me and thank God he is or else I would have been kidnapped or worse, killed", Taehyung tells Jin while Jungkook shots his head up to look at Taehyung by his side, his eyes wide.

Taehyung tightens his grab on Jungkook's waist making sure he doesn't say anything stupid while he himself keeps facing Jin.
"Jungkook saved you from getting kidnapped? He fought those kidnappers off?", Jin sounds shocked. "Of course he did", Taehyung gives him a curt smile, "Right babe?", he turns to his side to look at Jungkook who just nods in agreement.

"So you are trying to tell me that the biggest business tycoon in South Korea needed a 23 year old unarmed man for protection?", Jin raises his eyebrows.

"Yes", Taehyung deadpans.

"And you are also trying to tell me that the dozens of bodyguards that follow you around weren't able to protect you but Jungkook could?"

"Well, my bodyguards were not present in the situation. It was just Jungkook and I"

"Where were your bodyguards then? Don't  think for a second that I didn't notice the four bodyguards who were standing at a distance watching over you even when you were on a date with me", Jin crosses his arms.

"Yes, ofcourse. I am never without my bodyguards but yesterday, I was. I was on a date with him and didn't like the idea of someone watching over us when we....you know...", Taehyung says before pretending to clear his throat while Jungkook blinks his eyes several times trying to absorb what he just heard his boyfriend say to cousin.

Jin shakes his head before continuing his interogation, "Where were the two of you when you were attacked?"

"Under the clear night sky in a resort", Taehyung's subtle smile does not leave his face, "It was supposed to be a romantic date but it got ruined".

Taehyung's confident smile and quick responses somehow manage to convince Jin. "So my little brother got into a fight to protect someone and not because he wanted to beat the shit out of someone who made him mad? Well that's a first. Isn't it Jungkook?", Jin asks his cousin, his voice is a mix of sarcasm and pride.