Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

Tobias's PoV

It is my fault. I pace near her door scratching the back of my neck. Morgan, Tris's foster mother, closes the door behind and I approach her with two long strides and wait for her to let me in.

"Yes?" Morgan asks with a smile.

"Uh, I'm Four. Amy's teacher. Can I see her?" I ask.

Suddenly, her warm expression turns cold. "The GD?" I nod ignoring the insult there. "Sorry, she is still sleeping."

"I need to see her." I try to sidestep her.

But she blocks my path. "I'm her mother." She says simply.

I sigh in defeat. "Am I allowed to know what really happened to her?" I put my hands in my pockets refusing to leave.

She doesn't move. "She's had a shock attack." My mouth opens slightly but I don't say anything. "Her brain couldn't take all the information suddenly. So it shut down. She could end up in a coma if she continues getting surprises."

I take a deep breath. Coma? "Is she alright?"

"Yes."

"When-" she holds her hand up stopping me.

"Let me give you this advice, Mr. Four. Stop telling her things. They had already happened. She doesn't need to know them anymore. And I really appreciate if you stay away from her. If you can't, at least stop interfering in her life."

I manage a nod and she walks away towards the cafeteria. I slump on a chair hiding my face in my hands not noticing the time passing by. All I do is wander how Tris is and nothing else.

When I return to school, the first two periods are already over. I drag myself to the gym to see the principle waiting.

"Do you have a reason for missing two periods today?"

"One of my friends was hospitalized, sir." I mutter.

"Is it the reason you made two classes to come here and do nothing?"

"Sorry, sir." I avoid his eyes. I got distracted by Tris so much that I forgot how important this job is for me.

"You won't be able to have this job if something like this happens again, Eaton."

"Yes, sir." I nod and he walks away.

Tris's PoV

I am laying on a hospital bed staring at the white ceiling. I ended up there because the incident two nights before.

The doctor said that it happened because all the facts about my past were new to my brain. It couldn't take in such a large amount of data. So that explained the headache. The dreams were there because the brain was shocked with the information.

The doctor told me to stop trying to know my past for a while. When I feel alright, I can gradually learn things, but surprising information can still make me fall sick. Or worse, I can fall into a coma.

I am instructed to stay home until next week after getting discharged the next day. I am concerned about how Four might be doing now. I wish I had his number so I could've made sure he isn't to blame.

But will he think that way or forget this ever happened? I don't know this guy. I talked to him for a couple of hours and I am troubled about him. He must know me more than I know him so he is ought to be concerned.

But I come to a conclusion: I don't care about my brain. I want to know it all. The way I behaved in the faction of brave and reckless. How I fought. My strengths. How Four got his name. Every. Little. Piece.

Oh God! I need a doctor. I am the one having amnesia here. Ah! I forgot today was Thursday. Guys, you have a good doctor in mind?

Enjoy, vote (thanks everyone) and comment!