Chapter 31

Tobias's PoV

Tris explains everything to everyone. Frank says that he is happy for us and for once I believe him. Zeke and Shauna come with Christina and congratulate Tris for remembering everything. The only thing Zeke doesn't do is kill me for keeping such a big thing from them.

They have to leave soon except for Christina. Zeke has a bunch of duties as the leader and Frank's girlfriend, Ms. Media Unit has work for him. Harry went to work.

Crane said that she can go home the next day after a few tests. I am nibbling on a pizza wedge from the cafeteria since Christina asked to give her some time to make Tris presentable after staying in a hospital for months. Morgan is sitting in front of me without looking at her wedge.

"You love her a lot, don't you?" She asks.

"Yes." I try to keep it simple.

"So now she's going to live with you and your mother?" She sounds hurt.

I shake my head. "No." She looks at me confused. "I know her. She gets attached quickly. She'll probably stay with you until she's officially an adult. Then, she will treat you just like her own parents. She's happy that you two took her in. She lost her parents too soon."

"Well, we'll see." She shrugs. "I'm sorry about the way I treated you. I am a little overprotective sometimes." She says after a long pause.

"'S okay. Every mother is bound to be protective."

She chuckles. "I think we'll get along just fine." I smile back.

"People," I hear Christina from behind. I turn around to see her and Tris walking towards us hand in hand.

Christina has done a quite good job. Tris's unevenly cut hair is now neat and short. She's wearing a pair of jeans and a jacket over a white t-shirt. She looks pleasant than the last time I saw her.

"You look... clean." I say causing all the ladies laugh.

Tris approaches me with two long strides and kisses me. I smile. She takes my hand. "Let's get out of this place. I am tired of the smell."

"Good idea." Morgan rubs her shoulder. "Let's catch a taxi." So all of us follow Morgan out of the hospital.

Tris's PoV

I exhale against Tobias's neck. Even if I have seen this sunset thousand times, the beauty surprises me every time-just like how Tobias surprises me. We are watching the sunset on my building. We are at least three feet away from the edge because Tobias insisted. He wraps his arms around my waist. I shift closer to him on his lap and breathe in his scent slowly.

"Why did you want to come here? Caleb will be coming today." He says against my hair.

I shrug. "Just felt like that. I didn't want to go home yet." I turn to him. "You just got me back. Why aren't you trying to make me stay with you twenty four-seven?"

Tobias chuckles. "The only thing I asked for is to bring your memory back. Now you remember and that's all I need. Wherever you are, I know that you are thinking of me. That fact helps me breathe."

I turn back to the setting sun making the glass buildings glitter like a disco ball and smile. "But we still have two years to catch up."

He kisses my neck through his smirk. "Yeah. Now I can't wait." His lips travel up to my jaw. "I love you." He says against the corner of my mouth and he kisses me without waiting for an answer.

I kiss him back as if it is my last kiss. I hate the fact that I forgot all about the most valuable person in my life. I will never let him go no matter what. I know he suffered a lot because of me. I make a silent promise to him as the last rays of sunshine disappear behind the buildings: whatever happens, I will always remember that there is a man who would do anything to see me smile. I will remember.

Okay kids, get ready to hear my rant in the next chapter.