Chapter 25

Tobias's PoV

A yelp escapes my throat. Her arms wrap around me and it takes all of my strength not to kiss back. What is wrong with her? My eyes are wide with shock and it takes me a few seconds to recover. I take her shoulders in my hands and push her away until we are at arms' length.

Does she like me? No, that can't be true. Why did she kiss me then? Is she testing if I can keep my promise? If she does like me-

"Tris," my voice is a whisper.

"Thanks." She tells me. She smiles but I can see the hidden confusion in her eyes. What is that?

"What do you mean 'thanks'?" I demand. "I just swore not to kiss you again."

"It was me alright? So you didn't break any oath." She inhales and her face relaxes. "Frank was driving past us."

"What?!" I ask and look ahead to see the small car disappearing in the bend. "Why in the world did you kiss me then?"

She shrugs. "Just make him jealous. We broke up that day."

I fight my smile. "Oh." I say.

She frown. "Are you happy?" She peers into my composed face.

"Nope."

She sighs. "I'm not going to argue, but I don't believe you."

I offer her the helmet quickly. "You still don't want the ride?"

She takes it snorting. "I hate walking back home."

The hardest request is yet to come on Sunday. I promised her everything on that day and I don't know what to do. I still have Saturday to think about it, but when it comes to my head I feel depressed. How can I tell her anything without killing her?

I am laying on my bed with my head buzzing with lies I can tell her. Things that aren't shocking as the real truth like how I my past. It is as normal as it can be in its lie version.

I remove my t-shirt before sleep comes because the air cooler in my room is broken. I wake up next morning cursing and sweating like a sick person. I rub my eyes and walk out of the room to drink some water. Sleeping in a boiling room is harder than running ten miles without a break which I have done of course.

I leave the t-shirt so my body gets some cool morning air. When I come to the living room, Christina is waiting for me. Her legs are propped up on the couch as I smell Evelyn frying bacon.

"Good morning." She says.

"Morning." I sit down next to her. "When did you come?" I ask.

"Just now." She turns to me. "Why didn't you show your face lately?"

I lean back on the couch trying to look casual. "I got a little busy with school. P.E. teachers have more work to do than I expected." Fortunately, Christina bought that. She's never been to a school outside of Chicago experiment anyway.

She switches the television on to watch something and I stand up to go and brush my teeth. She turns up the volume so that I can't hear anything but the boring documentary on the world before Purity War.

Suddenly I hear Christina gasp. I quickly turn around. There, standing near the door is the person I dreaded seeing.

I'm back, the three people who are actually reading this!!!! Now let's not waste time here shall we?

Enjoy! Vote! Comment! Share! Or just Read! <3