CHAPTER V

CHAPTER FIVE

'CHEMISTRY'

...

FINN STOOD BEFORE ME

"You came?" I said in surprise, "You came to realise you needed the help I assume?" The boy rolled his eyes and let himself in, brushing past me. "Okay so uh... we can study in my room if you want? Follow me." I gestured for him to follow. We made our way up the stairs and I let him into my room. "Sorry my room is a bit of a mess." I sighed. He didn't say a word and sat on my bed. "I didn't actually have the notes ready or anything because I wasn't sure you were coming so, I'm sorry just hold on a sec..." I stumbled with my words whilst grabbing the chemistry booklets.

"You apologise too much." he stated bluntly. I chuckled slightly, grabbing the booklets and setting them on my bed. I took a seat beside him and I fumbled with the textbook. "You're a nerd." he insulted. I took it to heart, I felt uncomfortable and embarrassed. He thought he was so much cooler than me. I was a very emotional person, and I had to hold back my tears.

"I- I" I couldn't even finish my sentence before I began crying. I leapt up from my bed and locked myself in the bathroom. I couldn't believe it, he just did everything to embarrass me. He didn't really want help he just wanted to come here to bully me and criticise me. I wish we'd never moved to Hearst.
A light knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Are you okay..." Finn said, leaning against the locked door. He obviously wasn't sincere. I swung open the door and he almost fell over.

"You should go. It was a mistake ever even offering to tutor you." I spat, pushing him out the way. He looked caught off guard at first, but then his usual scowl grew on his face and he left.

FINN' S POV

"I- I"

She stuttered. I saw tears well up in her eyes and she leapt off her bed and headed straight out the door. Shit. Maybe I fucked up by calling her a nerd. I followed her to the bathroom. I felt bad... after all it was just a joke. Maybe I was an asshole. "Are you okay..." I asked, leaning against the door.
My heart basically fell out of my ass as the door swung open, my eyes met the teary red head. "You should go. It was a mistake ever even offering to tutor you." she spat. I was surprised at first, she seemed like a shy, nice girl. Turns out she was just a bitch. I rolled my eyes and turned to leave.

-

"Where've you been?" Jack questioned, spilling his cereal.

"None of your business." I avoided his gaze, "Plus it's 7pm why are you eating cereal."

"Because I can, and yes it is my business." he replied, jumping up from his seat and moving to the CD player — he reached for the CD cabinet and of course pulled out a Taylor Swift album. "Tay Swift forever."

"Indeed!" I turned around to meet the prep.

"Why are you here? This isn't even your dorm." I huffed, folding my arms.

"I'm staying the night, duh!" Millie exclaimed, grabbing a bowl from the cabinet and pouring herself some cereal. "Keep blasting tay-tay." I rolled my eyes and went to my room, slamming my door shut, I plugged my earphones in and played Frank Ocean.
Over the music I just about heard a light knock on my door before Chosen stepped in. I took out my earphones and raised a brow. "Did you go to Sadie's to study?" he asked, leaning against the door frame.

"Uh yeah until she went all haywire on me, because I called her a nerd — as a joke!" I defended myself. "She started crying so I just left." I shrugged. Chosen sighed whilst shaking his head.

"Really, Finn? She was just trying to help you out honestly. You need to start appreciating the people around you man, or one day you're gonna have no one." he sighed, before closing the door.

Maybe he was right.