CHAPTER XXXV

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

'SOMEONE I CAN CALL A FRIEND.'

...

IT WAS MY SECOND DAY BACK

Luckily for me, everybody had seemed to get over me being back and people stopped staring. I told my dad about the incident that occurred yesterday and he felt unnerved about sending me back to school and shared with me that he thought it was a bad idea. However, I protested and said I was going to be fine, after all, I couldn't spend my whole life being sheltered.

I sighed and closed my locker. "Wyatt!" I was surprised to see him, we'd lost contact after our so-called 'date' so I was extremely surprised to see him.

"Sadie, hey! It's really nice to see you back at Hearst." the curly haired boy stated with a smile and friendly attitude.

"Yeah... I'm slowly but surely coming back." I chuckled. "I'm just doing half days at the moment and I'm only in a few days a week, I'm allowed to choose which days I spend at school."

"You better be picking the ones with the better schedule." the brunette chuckled, resting his sunglasses upon his forehead.

"Of course I do, you know me so well." I joked. It was nice talking to Wyatt, he was the first person I'd spoken to who wasn't being mean or treating me like some abandoned puppy. I wasn't just my trauma, I was a person and I didn't want to be treated as if I was some ticking time bomb that could explode at any minute.

Wyatt and I walked to my next class and just chatted about life, it was nice to get some of the feelings off my chest and express them without feeling uncomfortable or sad. I told him about what I'd been up to whilst off school, which honestly wasn't much, and how I felt overwhelmed and scared when I returned because everybody was staring at me. He understood me. "Hey, Wyatt..." I called him back just as he was about to leave as we reached the classroom door. "Wanna hang tonight? If you're free of course."

"I'd love that, Sadie." the brunette smiled and told me to message him the details. Then, with a wave, he walked off down the hallway. It was nice.

I finally had someone I could maybe call a friend.