CHAPTER XV

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

'GIRLFRIEND.'

...

"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?"

I snapped out of my day dream, "I- what? Sorry..."

Noah chuckled, "It's fine, how much sleep did you get last night?" He invited me to his house and it just happened to fall on the day after the party shenanigan, so I was totally exhausted.

"Not much... it was a rough night." I sighed, rubbing my head. Noah began talking again, but in all honesty I was paying zero attention and instead just kept replaying yesterday's events: how I was rude to Jenna, how my dress was ruined... everything. In addition, it didn't help that I basically had to force my eyes open in order to keep awake. 'I wonder what Jenna thinks of me...' I thought, 'Maybe she and Finn hate me and are talking about how bad of a person I am... god I'm such an awful person.' The immense guilt I felt after treating Jenna how I did soon began to consume my mind, but then again I was still spiteful due to the fact she ruined my dress, despite it being an accident.

I snapped back to reality and Noah was still talking, "And that's when I was like, you can't do that. It just feels like-" All of a sudden, from his bedroom, we heard the front door open and Noah's parents greet some guests. "Let me check who that is... wanna come with?" the brunette raised a brow. I smiled and nodded, taking his hand. Noah lived in a three-story house, and his room was at the very top. We got to the final flight of stairs and I began to recognise familiar faces.

Finn's parents.

Oh god, was he here? He'd be so annoyed, even more annoyed than he already was, if he found out Noah and I were together due to their family rivalry. I let go of Noah's hand and began to back up the stairs a little, my escape plan was foiled, however, as Finn's father spotted me. "Sadie!" the bearded man greeted me with a smile. I felt my heart drop, even further as Finn stepped forward. "What are you doing here?"

Noah clutched my hand and walked me down the rest of the stairs, "Uncle, this is my girlfriend, Sadie."

Girlfriend?

"Oh wow..." Mr Wolfhard seemed just as shocked as I was, "Did you know about this? I had no idea your cousin and your friend knew each other, and that they're together." He gestured to Finn.

"No. I didn't know." Finn said, his tone was awfully spiteful and I could tell he was so angry at me, then his phone dinged and he took a peak. "I have to go. It's urgent." I could tell it was a lie, he just wanted to get away from me.

This is awkward.