CHAPTER XIIII

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

'THE DRESS.'

...

I SET DOWN THE STRAIGHTENING IRON

We had guests coming soon — a lot of them too — so I thought I'd give myself a little more pampering than usual. I heard a knock on my bedroom door and heard it swing open. Glancing in the mirror, I saw Millie waving a flask around. I sighed and turned around, "You're drinking already?"

"I- yeah. Butttttt... this isn't for me it's for yours truly." she stumbled, making her way over to me.

"You're truly is usually to reference yourself, but okay." I snickered, taking the flask off her.

"You look so good, trying to impress someone?" she raised a brow, taking a seat behind me on my bed. I laughed slightly and rested the flask on my dressing table.

"No." I shrugged. "That new girl's coming so I just thought I need to make a good impression, I guess."

"Nooo... you just wanna show her who's boss... there's only room for one new girl in Hearst High." I ignored Millie's remark and took a sip of the flask, it was going to be a long night.

-

I could hardly hear a thing over the blasting music. The flat was full to the brim and filled with LED flashing lights, and I'll admit it, I was a little bit drunk after consuming the flask that Millie gave me. I stumbled over to the kitchen counter and began to pour myself another drink. I turned around, and a red liquid spilt all down my dress.

"Oh my god... I'm so sorry." a female voice apologised. I looked up and met the face of Jenna — I was infuriated. "Here," she grabbed the kitchen roll, "let me help you." I pushed her hands away, rolling my eyes. My mom bought me this dress and it was now ruined. Then to make matters worse, Finn came rushing over.

"Is everything okay?" he asked, then his face dropped as he layed his eyes upon the dress. "Here, look we'll clean it."

"No!" I snapped, pushing them both away, "Get off me." I began to push past them.

"Sadie-" Finn grabbed my arm.

"Get off me, Finn!" I said, ripping my arm away from him. I turned to Jenna, "You ruined my outfit! Do you know what this dress means to me?" I was so frustrated, angry tears began welling in my eyes. The brunette parted her lips to say something but I cut her off, "No, don't even say anything." I stormed out of the kitchen and stumbled to my room.