CHAPTER XXIV

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

'RUINED.'

...

MY ENCOUNTER WITH FINN YESTERDAY WAS AS AWKWARD AS EVER

However, I felt myself feeling more awkward as I walked down the corridor of the campus building and everybody's eyes were on me: some were whispering, and others were just staring me down with angry eyes. I shook it off and headed to my locker and began putting things in.

"You know," Jaeden approached me, "I really didn't think you had it in you, Sink."

"What?" I raised a brow, I was awfully confused and my anxiety grew.

"Everybody knows what you did." he muttered before walking away. I stood dumbfounded. What was he possibly talking about? I didn't do anything. I sighed and closed my locker, attempting to ignore Jaeden's remark.

However that's when Sophia approached me, also a disappointed look plastered across her face. "Sadie, why did you do it?" she sighed.

"What? Do what?" I asked.

"The death threats were just not enough were they? Then you had to leak her nudes?" she exclaimed angrily. "I trusted you, turns out Jenna was right." The redhead turned and walked away.

What the hell. Jenna had told everyone that I had sent her death threats then leaked her nudes? I couldn't believe it. "I told you I'd ruin your life, Sink." a female voice startled me. I turned to see Jenna with a cunning grin upon her face — I wish I could've slapped her in that moment but I held back. "I always knew you were jealous of Finn and I, I had to teach you a lesson. Now he hates you!" The brunette chuckled slightly under her breath before turning away from me and walking off.

Hell, I couldn't believe it. Everybody thought I was some kind of monster who leaked a poor girl's photos — but I wasn't, and I was going to do everything in my power to prove my innocence to at least my friends.

I tried to ride out the day and not let anything or anyone get to me, but it was hard... really hard. In turn, I ended up leaving after first period and heading back to the flats, which were empty as expected. I sat in the kitchen and sighed, burying my face in my hands. "I can't believe she'd do this to me." I muttered to myself. "I didn't do it..."

"I believe you." a male voice said from behind me, startling me slightly. I turned to meet Jack's dark eyes, he pushed his curls out of his face before stuffing his hands back into his pockets. "I know you didn't do it."

"Thank you..." I sighed as he took a seat beside me.

"The others, however, not so much..." the boy trailed off. "I think it's maybe best you think about staying at your parents how for now, just while this blows over anyway."

"You think?" I raised a brow.

"I do, I can help you get your stuff together?" he suggested. I smiled and nodded and we made our way over to my room — it was for the best.

-

I lugged the mini suitcase through my dad's front door. "Thank you for having me, Dad." I sighed, I'd only been away from home not even a month and I was already coming back.

"Don't worry about it, bud, and thank you young man for fetching my daughter." he thanked Jack.

"It's not a problem, Mr Sink." the brunette replied with a smile. He waved to my dad as he went inside. "Call me if you need anything, okay?" He opened his arms and wrapped me in a tight embrace.

"I will." I said, my words muffled. As we pulled away I inquired, "It's homecoming tomorrow... are you coming?"

"Like I said," he sighed, "homecoming isn't really my jam so I'm not showing... I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it." I shot him a fake smile and we waved goodbye before I shut the door. Nothing was going my way, at all.