CHAPTER XXV

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

'HOMECOMING'

...

IT WAS THE NIGHT

IT WAS THE NIGHT.

Homecoming night and my ride wasn't my friends and my roommates as I'd initially hoped, but my dad instead. I decided to go despite the drama as I wasn't going to let Jenna win, and plus I wouldn't let my dress go to waste.

I pushed open the doors and my ears were met with loud pop music and the combination of hundreds of teenagers chattering and singing. I glanced around to locate my friends. However, as I met the eyes of Finn, he glanced away quickly just as the small brunette came into view. Jenna was obviously his date as he had his arm snaked around her waist — I couldn't believe it, he really must have believed her.

Then the reality set in, coming here was a mistake and I should've just stayed home. I sighed and grabbed a drink. "I'm already here now." I muttered to myself, taking a seat on the bleachers. I sat and took a sit of the punch, obviously feeling sorry for myself as I watched everybody dancing and having a good time. Jenna really had ruined my reputation, as well as my mood and made all my friends despise me — all but one.

'Somewhere Only we Know' by Lily Allen began to play and everybody shuffled around and got in to position to slow dance and the hall fell quiet, only accompanied by the soft tunes of the song. I sighed, almost ready to leave but my attention was drawn to the door as it was pushed opened.

My face lit up as my eyes met the familiar deep brown eyes that belonged to Jack. He was dressed in a black suit, accompanied by a dark grey tie. The boy shot me a sincere smile in return and made his way over to the bleachers. "You came!" I gasped, excited and relieved he had come to accompany me.

"I guess I figured you could use a bit of company." the brunette chuckled, adjusting his tie. "I know homecoming was never really my thing, but you convinced me to give it a chance."

"Thank you." I thanked him, pulling him into a hug. Jack returned the hug and said nothing, and I reflected on how incredibly grateful to have somebody like him in my life; everyone had turned on me, Sophia, Millie, Natalia, Wyatt and even Finn — but Jack stayed around and I couldn't be happier.
I'll admit, I was no saint but I would never take it to that extreme, no matter how much I disliked Jenna, but the thing that hurt me the absolute most was knowing that my friends actually thought I was capable of doing something like that to someone.

I pulled away from the hug and clutched Jack's hand, "Let's go dance."

A/N
sorry for the lack of fadie moments but it's all leading up to the climax :) and this is just a reminder that jack is NOT a love interest of sadie's they are strictly close friends.
hope you're all well! have a great day/night