CHAPTER VI

CHAPTER 6

'I need your help.'

...

I SIGHED

I SIGHED.

Last night was a mess. I brushed through my hair as the morning sun reflected off my mirror. I was just happy Finn was gone... I should've known he was a typical selfish, bad boy. The house was pretty much silent since my dad had left for work an hour earlier, so I was surprised to hear a knock of the front door.
I immediately stumbled down the stairs, still in my pyjamas.

I opened the door to meet Finn's grin. I attempted to slam the door in his face but he managed to wedge his foot in the doorway just before I could close it. "Hey. I- uh." he started.

"What do you want?" I cut him off.

"Look. I'm not all good at apologises... but I'm sorry if I upset you last night. I'm just an asshole, and really I do want your help." the boy apologised. I sighed and looked into his eyes, and he really did seem sincere. I opened the door and moved aside so he could come in.

"Why are you so early?" I questioned. After all it was a Saturday morning and I doubted that a boy like Finn was usually out and about at 9am on a weekend.

"I guess I was just desperate to see you." My heart skipped a beat - stop letting him charm you, Sadie. "No, I'm kidding." he smirked. "I need your help, actually."

"Wow? Finn Wolfhard admits he needs help!" I exclaimed sarcastically, throwing my hands in the air. The boy rolled his eyes and took a seat on my couch.

"Well it's not really about me, it's about my sister." he sighed.

Finn Wolfhard has a sister? Now I was intrigued, I sat beside him on the couch. "Go on."

"Though I don't live with my parents anymore, I visit them a lot. And my sister and I used to be quite close." Finn told me. "But these past few weeks she's been acting really strange — at first I kinda blamed it on her period because y'know women get all moody and stuff when they bleed."

"Okay I get it, women are hysterical, blah, blah, blah." I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry. I worded that wrong..." he apologised. "But anyway, it just kept happening. Whenever her phone buzzes she acts like she's seen a ghost." I raised a brow. "I tried talking to her about it," he continued, "but she never opens up to me."

"And you want me to?..." I questioned.

"Could you maybe try talking to her. You know I figured she might open up to you because... you're a girl and you're kind and you're — uh pretty."

"Well I've never been one to hold a grudge, Wolfhard." I sighed, "So I'll help you out." The boy smiled, which was actually the first time I'd seen him smile. "I'll get ready and then we can go."

-

The car drive was mostly silence and me staring out the window. The journey felt like hours - but in reality it was only 20 minutes.

We pulled up to his house. It was fairly big and look very modern — I immediately got the impression that his parents were well-off; which was further conveyed when he let me in. The marble tiled floor, the perfectly polished glass sofa and the large white sofa accompanied by the 42 inch TV. I heard the clicking of heels against the tiled floor and looked up to meet Finn's mother - she was extremely pretty. "Finn! Hi darling, who's this?" the blonde woman commented, analysing me.

"Hey, mom." the boy replied awkwardly. "This is Sadie."

"Nice to meet you Mrs Wolfhard." I greeted her and held out my hand.

She shook it, "Please, just call me Mary. ERIC! Your son is here." I watched as a bearded man entered the room, he was dressed just as smartly as his wife: tight black trousers accompanied by a perfectly neat, white shirt with black loafers.

"Son!" Finn's father smiled, he then turned to me. "Is this your girlfriend?" That was embarrassing. I felt a blush begin to form on my cheeks — I can't believe his parents thought I was his girlfriend.

"I- Dad, no." Finn stuttered, "This is Sadie."

"Well nice to meet you, Sadie." Mr Wolfhard took my hand and shook it. I smiled and nodded.

"Enough about that... is Chloe here?" Finn questioned. His parents nodded and gestured upstairs. The boy grabbed my wrist and pulled me upstairs.

"You have a really nice house, Finn." I admired, examining the pictures upon the walls.

"Thanks..." he replied. He stopped outside a bedroom which I assumed belonged to his sister. He swung the door open.