CHAPTER XXX

This chapter is written from Finn's POV.

CHAPTER THIRTY

'FOOLISH.'

...

 "WHAT TIME IS IT?"

"WHAT TIME IS IT?"

"It's 2am." Sophia replied quietly, gesturing me for me to follow her out of my bedroom. 2am? What the hell? Why was she getting me up at this time? I was slightly annoyed at the fact she'd woken me up at such a late hour, but my feelings of annoyance soon turned to feelings of anxiety as Sophia pushed open the living room door, revealing two police officers, a male and female, sat on the sofa beside our flatmates.

"You might want to sit down for this." That sentence that admitted from the female officer woke me up for certain, and I took a seat. I listened as she explained the events of what had happened and why Jack hadn't returned home. It was a rainy night and it was slippery and Jack had fell from the bridge into oncoming traffic below and there was no evidence of it being suicide or foul play — just a tragic accident. I didn't know how to feel or what to say, I don't think any of us did as we sat in silence, silently mourning the loss of our roommate and our friend who we'd known for years. Then, my mind wandered to whom I know it would hurt most, Sadie. It pained me to wonder if she had found out yet or if she was just peacefully sleeping, completely oblivious to the fact that someone she adored was dead.

I broke it off with Jenna the following days after, it was too much for me to handle being in a relationship, and I also felt angry and betrayed that she'd threatened Sadie and ruined her reputation. As I yelled, tears welled up in the brunette's eyes. "How do you think that made her feel? Huh? Knowing that everybody despises you and looks down upon you for something you didn't do? You're a despicable, little, dirty liar." I spat before pointing towards the front door. Jenna parted her lips to say something but before she could I interrupted her, "And just in case you're wondering, we're over." She didn't even try to defend herself, and just grabbed her jacket and slammed the front door shut.

And that was it. The energy in the flat was awful, the feeling of despair was always present and my concern grew as Sadie didn't turn up to college. I called, texted, face-timed, emailed. Yet I got no response, however, I wasn't surprised after I sided with Jenna. I felt incredibly foolish and guilty as did the others.

I spent my days gazing at the door of each classroom of the classes we shared together, hoping that she'd stroll through them one day. But as the weeks passed, she never did and I began to feel as if she was never coming back at all.

I was a fool.