CHAPTER XXXVI

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

'LIES AND FLIGHTS.'

...

I TOLD MY DAD I WAS STAYING IN THE FLAT FOR A WEEK

I told him I had plans to move back in and shared how the gang and I had made up. It was a lie, of course because I know he would be totally opposed to where I was really going. I'd finished school for the week so they wouldn't enquire about where I was, so I didn't need to worry. I know my dad would be hurt since I promised him I'd never go back — so that's why it was best for this to be kept a secret.

"Thank you." I thanked the boy beside me as we pulled up to the airport.

"Anything for you." Wyatt smiled. "Just be safe, please."

"I will... thank you again." I thanked him one last time before getting out of the car and heading to the boot and fishing out my suitcase. I waved goodbye and rolled the suitcase behind me, this was my first time travelling alone so I was slightly nervous, yet also relieved at the same time because I got to get away from Hearst and everybody there.

Hours passed and I had been through the common security checks and grabbed a bite to eat. I made my way to the seating area and checked the time, 10:30PM, there was 30 minutes until my flight. I sighed and plugged in my earphones.

-

The plane eventually came and I boarded it, and fell asleep in what felt like seconds. Surprisingly, I slept through the whole flight because when I woke up, we were landing in Austin, Texas. I made my way through the airport, and after half an hour of waiting, retrieved my stuff, emptied my bladder and managed to catch a cab.

The cab ride probably took around an hour, and hell, costed me a lot of money. I thanked the driver as he helped me with my suitcase. I took looking at the door, it looked the same as the last time I'd seen it. Nothing had changed really, apart from the overgrown plants in the front yard. I sighed and made my way over to the front door. I knocked lightly on the door and tried to handle, and to my surprise, it was open.

I sighed and pushed open the door. Was this what I really wanted? I assured myself it was and I peaked into the living area. There she was, perched on the sofa with a cigarette in her hand. "Sadie, is that you?"

"Hello, Mom."