CHAPTER XXXXI

CHAPTER FORTY ONE

'NO RESPONSE.'

...

I ARRIVED BACK TO MY MOM'S HOUSE

I grabbed my phone and finally decided to reactivate my instagram account, after the Jenna incident I for hateful messages and just decided to deactivate my account. I sighed and watched the notifications from the past flood through. "30 unread messages?" I gasped to myself, that was a lot.

At first, I was nervous to open them, they were probably hateful messages and that's something I really didn't want to see. However, I pushed myself and clicked on the message icon — there were messages from: Wyatt, Sophia, Millie, Natalia, Chosen, Caleb and, most of all, Finn. I first clicked on his messages:

Hey I'm sorry abt everything I should've have believed u Sadie
R u coming back to school?
Hey
Sadie
U ok?
Hi
I'm sorry
Forgive me?
I miss you
I'm sorry
Text me back ASAP pls me and Jenna broke up
I'm really sorry
I miss you
Sadie where r u? Just let me know ur ok please...
How r u?
I hope ur ok
Hi
Hey
I miss u
I need to tell u something... pls answer

I sighed and bit my lip, he really did care about me. I began typing my apology before pausing and deleting it, it wasn't my apology to give, after all he's the one who believed Jenna over me and turned his back on me. I simply replied with a 'Hey' and slammed my phone down.

I waited, filled to the brim with anxiety, for him to message me back. What if he ignored me? I sighed and looked at my phone, not wanting to touch it just in case Finn had messaged back and I'd accidentally clicked on his message before I'd figured out what to say in response. I stared at my phone which was on the bedside table and I was eager for a response... yet I didn't get one? I ended up picking up my phone and checking it again but he still hadn't responded. Then again it had been five minutes, he was probably busy — or so I hoped.

I went about my day as normal and gathered my stuff and packed my suitcase. I was leaving Texas tomorrow, it wasn't like I was having much fun anyway. Don't get me wrong, hanging out with Noah was awesome but seeing my mom wasn't very spectacular or entertaining; I also missed my Dad a lot and I felt guilty for not telling him where I was really going.

It soon turned to night and I figured I'd sleep early tonight as my flight was at 10am the next morning. I checked my phone one last time, and I was disappointed.

Finn still hadn't responded.